Urgent PLZZZZ help!!...chipset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
:wtf:......:wtf:.........:wtf:..........

I was cleaning my i7 rig yesterday and I stumbled upon a broken CHIPSET COOLER BRACKET!!!!!!!

WTF!!!...:hrmph:

the chipset heatsink has been hanging since a long time.... and that would also explain my high chipset temps (50-55C).....now when I tilt the cooler a bit the temp rises about 78C....then I tilt the cooler back!!!......

:sad::sad::sad::sad:...what do i doo????????????????

I dont have any thermal paste...and i have kept my rig horizontal for now....

If I am to order a new cooler for the chip set....do I need to know some rules....like are there any chipset sizes????....like LGA775 vs LGA 1366 are diffrent in cpu heatsink brackets size

and I dont have much choice I don't live in USA so I can maybe order from amazon.com....

as for my other option....I can RMA it....but what good would that be....
.....I dont have much options in my country......Plus did I mention I have no acess to the purchase of thermal paste or past remover.....:sad:

Im sooooooooooooo screwed.....help help....what should i do.....

PS,,,CAn some one move this thread to the corect place and do inform me

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 109
For a X58 mobo you should get this
Thermalright HR-05/IFX High-Riser Northbridge Cooler Products Model: HR-05/IFX [HR-05-IFX] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

and it will need a 80mmx15mm fan, this one is a blue LED

Hiper "Thin" 80 X 15mm Case Fan - 4 Blue LED's - Sleeved Products Model: HFF-1B08N [HFF-1B08N] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

or this one is a plain black.
Delta 80x15mm AFB0812LB Low Speed - Sleeved Products Model: AFB0812LBDelta 80x15mm AFB0812LB Low Speed - Sleeved Products Model: AFB0812LB [AFB0812LB] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Here's a picture with that heatsink on my Office PC which has the EVGA X58 LE mobo. If I didn't have the copper heatsinks on the video card I could of mounted the NB fan on the opposite side and then have room to rotate the True.

tempvr.jpg

help is always appreciated slaymate....but I tried ordering from that store you just told....from where I'm at.....they are charging me 140$ for mere 30$ products (including shipping and taxes and transfer fees and every thing)............I bet amazon would do the same....if thets the case I might aswell RMA the board....but that would be a HASTLE!!

Good god Slaymate, that's an office computer?

I don't think you could possibly fit more metal on that motherboard.

I tend to go to the Extreme :D

help is always appreciated slaymate....but I tried ordering from that store you just told....from where I'm at.....they are charging me 140$ for mere 30$ products (including shipping and taxes and transfer fees and every thing)............I bet amazon would do the same....if thets the case I might aswell RMA the board....but that would be a HASTLE!!

Where are you located at? What Country?

slaymate, that looks almost like my old 680i... went with every aftermarket thermalright cooling solution that thermalright offered lol... *to poster* if you can find these parts anywhere, they will be your best friend. are there any retail shops around, any computer repair shops? they might be able to get a better price. also, where did the bracket break at? might be able to have a new one made for really really inexpensive if it's just a wire bracket... talking under a dollar US currency. don't necessarily need a brand new one. otherwise, well, might be a hassle, but it would preserve your warrenty and you will get the exact, numbered part put back on it

*Slaymate* Im currently in Pakistan...:umm:

does changing this chipset heatsink voilate my warrenty????

if so then I might as well keep the warrenty....and send it for RMA....

I can tho fix it my self with some superglue....but Im still waiting for my arctic silver compounds to arrive....

what should I do???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom