What should I ugprade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isthir

Solid State Member
Okay so I got this PC years back and have just recently thrown myself into the pit of the 'Nerd', Basically meaning i've got into computers alot and wanted to upgrade my PC a little bit;

I have CPU-Z, GPU-Z and RealTemp so I can monitor shiz etc.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo (E4500) @ 2.20GHz,
Worst motherboard ¬_¬ ( Foxconn CN15235 - Packard Bell BV, PT890-8237A)
Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 256MB Card ¬_¬...
2GB DDR2 RAM I think it's 250MHz ._."
S-ATA 250GB HDD,
400W PSU.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim the shine to this anceient peice of tech? (preferabely with £80 hahahaa, Which I highly doubt)

I'm going to take my comp apart and take notes ,so i'm taking the comp apart as you read this :p

What should I upgrade at the moment? I have about £80 which is about $120.

Suggestions please :)?

I'm doubting I can do much with this PC, it kinda sucked from the start, bearing in mind got this in like 2007/2008 |:

^save that money, then save some more, and some more, then build a new computer, perhaps sell this one and use the money towards a new computer as well.

How much do you reckon i'd get for this? I've added a pic to show the detailed specs;

CPU-ZSpecs.jpg

Is there any new gear that's be out in the summer (around July time)? I would have saved up around £700 - £800 ($1,000 - 1,$200), I could potentially fully max it to £1,100 which is around $1,700 :p

Fermi is due to release some time in the next little while. I have not really kept up with the details, but i think it is slated for april. (fermi is nvidia's new gpu;s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom