Buying or Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3ns0r

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the PC building

and i'm getting myself a new system (alienware aurora alx with dual nvidia gtx 295 1 GB and 6GB RAM,I7 970) ($ 1299,- incl shipping and taxes here in holland)

would i have been cheaper by building this system myself or not?

my requirements:

i need to be able to edit HD video's fast
HD resolutions need to be supported
VGA port
USB 2.0 or better
Sound card
silent
nice Case :p
64 bit
able to overclock easily
absolute no framedrops in high end applications/games

Yes, it would be less expensive most likely. Also, you will be able to get better quality parts. I don't know much about the best place to shop online in Holland, but I am sure someone on the forums can point you in the right direction.

$1299 for Dual 295 GTX's and an i7 970?

SLi GTX 295's put you at $1100 alone. Also, I've never heard of an i7 970, maybe you are referring to the i7 975? If so .. that chip alone is $950!

And, the GTX 295's are 1792MB, not 1024MB cards... so something here is very wrong.

GFX & CPU = $2000 without Mobo, Case, Ram, Hard Drive, DVD Rom ...etc

$1299 for Dual 295 GTX's and an i7 970?

SLi GTX 295's put you at $1100 alone. Also, I've never heard of an i7 970, maybe you are referring to the i7 975? If so .. that chip alone is $950!

And, the GTX 295's are 1792MB, not 1024MB cards... so something here is very wrong.

GFX & CPU = $2000 without Mobo, Case, Ram, Hard Drive, DVD Rom ...etc

ok i had to input those out of my messed up memories (didn't have the specs in front of me)

Order receipt:

Alienware® aurora ALX
system specs:
* Intel® Core™ i7 975
* Dual 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 295 - SLI® Enabled
* 6GB Triple Channel 1600MHz DDR3
* 1TB RAID 0 (2x 500GB SATA-II, 7,200 RPM)
* Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW)

Price:

EU 1299,- / $ 1 765

i first ordered the aurora (1299 EU) ..but on the date it should have arrived it didn't..so we called Dell/Alienware support and they told us that the graphic card that was standard wasn't in stock..so they are sending an ALX package with a better processor and dual graphics card GTS 295) for the same price

Just out of pure curiosity I decided to look up the Alienware Aurora ALX, and customize it the way he mentioned in his post.

Intel I7, GTX 295 (it didn't give me the option for dual 295s..... so I went with the single), 6gb triple channel 1333mhz DDR3 memory, NO monitor, NO sound card (maybe on board, I didn't check), and the cheapest options on the rest of the items.

The total came to $3,599 WITHOUT shipping. I'm not sure why you (x3ns0r) would mention such a build for $1,299......

I'm sure if you want to build a computer based around certain specs the people on this forum are the most qualified to help you find good deals and quality parts, but almost everything about your post was wrong.

I'm still confused. I have never heard of a GTS 295 @ 1GB. I have heard of a GTS 250 so I will hold judgement till I know more about this mysterious 295 GTS card.

I will say this though, that Core i7 975 is a $950 chip, so the price seems to be pretty good for what you are getting as far as I know. That memory probably is around $175, both of those hard drives are about $100 for 2, the burner is ~$30 which puts it at about $1,250. I would imagine the Mobo, Case and 2 of those imaginary Video Cards would be worth the extra $500.

I'm still confused. I have never heard of a GTS 295 @ 1GB. I have heard of a GTS 250 so I will hold judgement till I know more about this mysterious 295 GTS card.

I will say this though, that Core i7 975 is a $950 chip, so the price seems to be pretty good for what you are getting as far as I know. That memory probably is around $175, both of those hard drives are about $100 for 2, the burner is ~$30 which puts it at about $1,250. I would imagine the Mobo, Case and 2 of those imaginary Video Cards would be worth the extra $500.

sorry S = X

fokking touch keyboard on a too small screen (omnia 2 i8000 phone)

sorry S = X

fokking touch keyboard on a too small screen (omnia 2 i8000 phone)

Better screenshot that website showing all of this stuff & price or else I have to assume you are full of it.

There is no way in **** you can get SLi GTX 295's and an i7 975, even without the rest of a PC for the $1,760 US.

I call BS. Have a nice day :D

i first ordered the aurora (1299 EU) ..but on the date it should have arrived it didn't..so we called Dell/Alienware support and they told us that the graphic card that was standard wasn't in stock..so they are sending an ALX package with a better processor and dual graphics card GTX 295) for the same price

screenshotofmyorder.png

You should call them back and ask for a specific list of components and price. As Slam has said, everything you've said makes no sense :p

The only thing alienware sells that's even near worth buying is the M-11x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom