Does the mother board needs to be replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosdzv

Baseband Member
My friend was burning a cd and then all of the sudden his computer shot down. when he tried to turn it on, it didn't turn on ,nothing comes up on the screen, some of the led lights on the laptop go on when he turns it on, then the fan seems to start but very slowly and it stays that way without any changes on the screens it just stays that way. He took it to one of those best buy guys and they told him that he has to replace the board. $ 400! so i decided to take a look at it.
As now i think it could be the board, but i am not a 100% sure. What do you think?

if you need any other info let me know.. by the way is a hp pavilion entertainment pc dv 2500

i did not try that.. and no there is on way to take the burner out. i could open up the laptop and disconect it. but i dotn know what good it would do.

couple of thing to do:

1.check that the power supply works correctly? (correct voltage with multimeter.)
2.remove and reseat the ram
3.does it ever beep? describe the beeps.

Nope no beeps man i removed the ram and turned on the computer to see if the board would react and tell me there is no ram , but no beeps at all in general. the power suply? ahh i don't have the right equipment to test that :( how can i save the data on the hdd?

Nope no beeps man i removed the ram and turned on the computer to see if the board would react and tell me there is no ram , but no beeps at all in general. the power suply? ahh i don't have the right equipment to test that :( how can i save the data on the hdd?
At least the motherboard responds saying it has no RAM. What about the possibility of the display going bad? Did the screen had any defects before the incident? Was the laptop experiencing any difficulties before the actual cutting off incident?

no no the board doesn't beep or anything.. no reaction at all.. get an external what?? mindovermaster?? ( remember guys i cant boot to the desktop or BIOS AT ALL) i have taken the hdd out but i amm sure i need some special cable to be able to plug it to my desktop from the hdd to get the info out.. i just dont know what those cables are.

Think the cable you would need is this
17705.jpg
which is Laptop to IDE HDD Adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom