New toys, Eyefinity (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that **** is craaazy
Yay_by_Lady_Poptart.gif
and I'm loving the 3 monitors :D!

That's insane! Yeah, after seeing this my next card is something ATi ;)

What framerate does Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 get?

eh...I dunno..I like my 22". Any bigger and it seems like I'd have to turn my head to see everything and that doesn't feel right while gaming (maybe 24"..but after that nah...)

I guess if I was farther back and stuff it'd be okay :\

Those pictures are mind blowing .. now I know what is next on my list..

5870 & 3 LCD monitors :D

How hard was it setting up Eyefinity? Was it just like, plug in the monitors and away you go type of deal? I know nothing about Eyefinity, other than how sexy it is :D

It was easy...just need the right equipment. Make sure to get the active display port adapter. Then yeah, plug in and away you go. Many games do not support the feature though right now, that's the only real let down.

Holey moley thats immense! Hmmmm I wonder if the other half will let me swap the office and bedroom round and buy a new desk and two more monitors on the joint account...

*edit*
How's the desktop functionality? Does the ATI software allow toolbars on each or do you need something like ultramon?

Not sure what you mean by ATi software allowing toolbars on each...but I get my taskbar all the way through to the end of my 3rd screen, because that's how Eyefinity works, as one resolution.

looks awesome! totally not for me though, don't like the idea of a 1-2 inch black bar in the way of the monitors :\ now if they made monitors specifically for this so that there was no gaps in the monitors i'd love it lol

Actually it's only 3/4 of 1 inch, not 1-2 inches. And after literally about 5 seconds of gaming, you don't notice the bezels. I focus more on the insane visual immersion and don't have time to be bothered with bezels, and they don't seem to cause any issues with me. Maybe it's just the way I play, but 99% of other Eyefinity players will tell you the same thing. I could see if you had like 3x 17" monitors with 1" bezels that maybe they would be a problem, but for me I do not notice them at all. It's pretty great :D

That's insane! Yeah, after seeing this my next card is something ATi ;)

What framerate does Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 get?

Right now it's kind of iffy, with 4x and 4x I get about 40fps in DX11 during heavy battle.

I got Dirt 2 working in Eyefinity DX11 which is pretty sick, just had to turn aspect to "normal" instead of 16:9. Weird. I tried STALKER: COP tonight but it won't budge with Eyefinity. Really lame too as it is a DX11 game! Maybe they will have a work around for it soon.

what does the girlfriend think of this monstrosity?

We don't live together so she thinks it's pretty neat hahaha. I haven't asked what she thought in any other hypothetical situation ;)

Also having weird crashes while playing the BC2 beta, about 10 minutes in the graphics tear and the game does a CTD. Then if I go on the net some graphics will look majorly distorted, and if I play any movie file it just looks distorted to the point of no visual and I have to exit it. When I restart, everything is back to normal. I'm starting to think it's either the new drivers or my new OC but it's only from stock to 3.7Ghz and temps at over an hour with prime never go above 42c, video card stays cool at also at full load. A 550vx should power this system no problem...right?

This makes me sad when I think about the nVidia nView that has never come / never will come to Vista / 7 :( (I'm sure it does the same thing as EyeFinity, right?)

I dunno man..I had a small hole put into my old LCD that was like 2x2 pixels and it drove me nuts..you couldn't even see it unless the screen was black or turned off...but it still haunted me

just personally thing though..I'd love to give it a go..you'll probably right, after a bit you'll be too sucked in to really care. Just like all things, takes a bit to get used too. be even better once more games support it

Yeah..there's just so much going on you don't notice the bezels. It would be a huge plus if they weren't there no doubt about that, but it's not a big bother.

James you get extra points for having a bottle of jim beam in that picture, but you also lose some for not offering me any :p

Still very cool set up, I really envy your monitor layout I am on a 17in laptop screen atm and I miss having more pixels than I know what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom