what is better gtx 260 SLI or HD5870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the 5870. Less power consumed, less heat, and about the same or better performance (not sure, but either one will give you great gaming performance). Plus, it leaves you an extra PCIe slot for another possible 5870 in the future.

^^^ good advice

and unless you REALLY need it I wouldn't even go that high...my gtx 260 maxes any game currently out with playable frame rates

I would always go for the one card if the performance and the price is the same......I got a 2nd GTX260 because I already owned one and found one for a nice price.

I would also favor a one card setup. SLI is nice, but not without its headaches. You just have less to worry about with one card.

since SLI has been dawned, it has become apparent that when a new "one card" solution is out, it beats or very closely matches the previous equivalent price-range card in SLI....

I went from SLI260 to SLI275 and the only the biggest diff was it ran cooler. About 3 months ago, I went from 275 SLI to a single 5870. I frame rates improved on all tests I ran, but not more than 5 or 10%. However, again the biggest improvement was temps went down further. If your not running at least 1920x1200, your not gonna see a big diff between gtx260 sli and 5870. I'm assuming based on your question you havent purchased yet and you dont have an existing 260. If that the case, always go with 1 card solution. Get the 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom