upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro1

In Runtime
hi guys i have a stock gatway pc for personal use ect.....im wanting to upgrade it a lil and wondering what can i buy to do so......anything...........here are some specs of what i have

systemupgrade.jpg

also would any computer case work if i wanted to switch ?

In other words, general use. Most of the time you'd just need to double the RAM for those types of computers, if you're in need of a performance boost.

Other than that, you don't really need to upgrade anything else. That is unless you want to play more recent games. Which will include upgrading to a discrete graphic card, along with a power supply.

In terms of casing, it looks like everything will switch over nicely. I'm just concerned about the front panel connectors for the power button, power & HDD LED, reset switch, etc...because retail companies like Gateway, usually have a proprietary design. And also the card reader.

thats true....i dont see a case that will work with this.. as of yet

*edit*
is there any way to relocate the power button, power & HDD LED, reset switch, etc...

I didn't mean the actual power button, power & HDD LED and reset switch. I meant the wire leads. Retail company motherboards have different pin assignments for those leads, which might not be compatible with an aftermarket case's leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom