Ongoing problem with no simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinorInfluence

Baseband Member
So where shall I start?
I bought my custom computer from Cyper Power PC (big mistake apparently).
I have built my own before but thought id try on online custom computer company, this will be the last time i do that. Not that they are all bad but its been a very frustrating experience.
Specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit

4G (4x1G) Dual Chan Memory

600 Watts Power Supply

Biostar TP45 HP Intel P45 MOBO

ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card

500GB HD

Thats what I ordered a year ago now.

The Story:
After receiving my self bought Christmas present last year (which was this) i boot this puppy up and it worked fine for about 2 weeks until i got speed problems, blue screens, didnt even post during bootup. So i call Tech Support and blah blah blah i send it back to them. They "fix" it and send it back to me a month later, i look on the receipt and low and behold they replace the 4 sticks of RAM =/.
Im a pretty computer savvy guy and i know a lot of basic stuff and it surprises me that even though i wanted them to replace the MOBO they do the easy fix.
One of my friends and I discussed it and he had the same problem with his computer in that it would do a lot of weird stuff (some that i listed), slow on some programs, fast for about an hour, blue screens, really weird stuff and i believed it to be the Motherboard RAM "SLOTS".
So I went to New Egg bought myself another Biostar TPower series MOBO thats compatible of course (I really like the tpower series and it has very good reviews so i believe i did well in that area).
Note: the reason its been a year is that i just didnt have the extra money for this and used my other PC for the time being.
I get my MOBO and i install it just last week and worked exceptional for any game or application i was running.
Get home from college this week and as im playing some Left 4 Dead, SUPRISE blue screen after some minor 10-15 second freezes during game play.

So my friends i have really no idea what i should do, I have already tested each RAM stick individually in each slot. i know i made a bad decision in the beginning but i learned from that. The only options that i could come up with is that it might be the Power Supply or the CPU, though i really dont know.

Thanks in advance for any feedback thank you.

Have you looked online at Biostar, do they have a forum, to see if this may be a common problem with the motherboard itself?

You should download and run Hardware Monitor for a day or 2. Keep your eye on your voltages and temperatures and see if you notice any of the values acting flakey before it crashes.

HW Monitor

When it does BSOD again write down the error message and error code and post it please :D

since you already changed the motherboard, next i would check the ram settings in the bios. especially the voltage setting. get the specs on your memory and see what the voltage settings are suppose to be set at. are you using onboard graphics on a graphics card ?

still getting BSOD. post the error number as stated above.

Have you looked online at Biostar, do they have a forum, to see if this may be a common problem with the motherboard itself?

I will check there now.

You should download and run Hardware Monitor for a day or 2. Keep your eye on your voltages and temperatures and see if you notice any of the values acting flakey before it crashes.

HW Monitor
Problem is that now it goes to BSOD without even gameing. Im on my laptop right now.

When it does BSOD again write down the error message and error code and post it please :D

Will do here it is when BSOD comes up:
This one came up after stressing my computer with a game.

A Process of thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or has been terminated.
*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A9C1DA0, 0x8A9C1F14, 0x805D297E)
Beginning dump of physical Memory

Then when it tried to restart it came up with:
A disk read error has occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

I hope that was what you were asking for?

This one came up after trying to post on these forums using firefox = / its a little different.

*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE16C37F0, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8E5F9A, 0x477AB860)
*** Win32k.sys - Address BF8F5F9A base at BF800000 Datestamp 4a8564c7

Thats what i got...

are you using onboard graphics on a graphics card ?

ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card

Freezes at Post now...
Deja-Vu

And there is nothing on Biostars site about this.

Could it possibly be the graphics card?
It makes no sense that when i got it, it worked fine for a month or two then completely went AWAL and they replaced the 4 sticks of RAM and it worked for another month fine, then now i replaced the MOBO and it worked fine for a week or two...its like it takes time to break lol...im really at a loss.

Time to just move on i guess...
I still havent found the problem and i feel that i will just be wasting money replacing the power supply, graphics card ect... because it might not fix the problem then i wont know whats broken and whats not.

I would honestly say that it seem to be more of a issue with your hard drive being bad than your mobo or RAM. Let me ask this, during shipping did you put anything in the case to hold the parts there so that they were not knocking around? Was there anything lose in the case upon arrival? Have to reseat parts or anything?

No nothing was loose when i got the computer and no i didnt put anything in the case when it was sent back. Only thing i have moved is the graphics card and the processor to install the new MOBO, thats it. Since a hard drive is relatively cheap to replace do you think i should try another HD and see what happens?

Thank you for the links btw.

usually memory dump will be the ram or memory on the graphics card.

i would try a cheap graphics card as a process of elimination . it does have memory that could be going bad.
if thats not it then i would change the harddrive .
if thats not it then change the power supply.
yes at this point you will have two computers.
you might want to roam around in the bios and make sure all the voltage settings are correct. if you dare try loading default settings.

you might even try looking behind the motherboard and see if there is plenty of clearance from shorting out against the case.

did you try just using one stick of ram ?

usually memory dump will be the ram or memory on the graphics card.

i would try a cheap graphics card as a process of elimination . it does have memory that could be going bad.
if thats not it then i would change the harddrive .
if thats not it then change the power supply.

Will do

you might even try looking behind the motherboard and see if there is plenty of clearance from shorting out against the case.

Good question, i looked and it has clearance.

did you try just using one stick of ram ?

Yep, many times.

Thanks for the reply though. Funny how it takes awile for the graphics card memory to go KAPUT after putting in new parts.... = /

So i just went out and bought a cheap used PCI express card and it booted up easily...lets see what happens for awile...if not Power supply probably next.

Same problem after 2 weeks of playing on the new Vid Card.
So i bought a 250g HD, worked for 2 weeks now im broke down again...today it just froze wile on the internet (mind you this HD has nothing on it practically) and now it wont go past the MOBO screen...wont post.
So ive replaced:
MOBO
Vid Card
RAM
HD

Only things that i havent replaced is the CPU and the Power supply, but neither i would think, would make the computer freeze and never post again?

I have no idea anymore, i practically have a new computer out of all the parts i bought yet i dont know what is faulty and what isnt...what a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom