New toys, Eyefinity (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome setup mate! I would love to play BC2 with Eyefinity! I can see what you mean as starting all over as a noob...haha. It would be tough to have to have so much visual space. You have my deepest sympathies :p
Thanks! Yeah since there's so much going on already that you have to look at, bringing in both sides for more visuals is a huge change, but much welcomed :D

James...that is awsome man....thanks for those pics and keep posting more of some different games....Thaw would have been a blast setting up.

How is the framerates of the games?

You have just made me jealous :p

Thanks man! Yeah it was a lot of fun setting up, time consuming but that, for me, is half the joy of doing it :D

Haven't checked frame rates yet, just got into a few games to see how they worked out, the more time I have with the more I will get everything worked out. I will run Fraps sometime and get some numbers to report back :)

very nice setup you have :D

idk what it could be, but it does show up in FF for me.

that is a huge foot stool you have under your desk, or surge protector? lol.

thats a crazy view from inside the tank in bc2.

Thanks Muffin :D Yeah what Synergy said, it's a huge UPS haha (750). Outdated a bit but works perfectly fine for me, and has enough inlets that I need on the battery area. And yeah, being in the tanks is pretty wild, thanks to the devs on that one for giving that inside feeling so it could extend on the other monitors!

I found a couple solutions for Dirt 2 that I need to try out, one is forcing DX9, another is just lowering AA in DX11. I will give it a shot. Also got a cool HUD fix for TF2.

Sweet :D

Remove the Monitor stands and wrap them with a couple rolls of duct tape and you'll have 3240x1920 mode :facepalm:

Those pictures are mind blowing .. now I know what is next on my list..

5870 & 3 LCD monitors :D

How hard was it setting up Eyefinity? Was it just like, plug in the monitors and away you go type of deal? I know nothing about Eyefinity, other than how sexy it is :D

Holey moley thats immense! Hmmmm I wonder if the other half will let me swap the office and bedroom round and buy a new desk and two more monitors on the joint account...

*edit*
How's the desktop functionality? Does the ATI software allow toolbars on each or do you need something like ultramon?

looks awesome! totally not for me though, don't like the idea of a 1-2 inch black bar in the way of the monitors :\ now if they made monitors specifically for this so that there was no gaps in the monitors i'd love it lol

looks awesome! totally not for me though, don't like the idea of a 1-2 inch black bar in the way of the monitors :\ now if they made monitors specifically for this so that there was no gaps in the monitors i'd love it lol

They already do. Although you probably wouldn't like the idea of their price.
http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

medium_2173695817_b19f16914f_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom