New toys, Eyefinity (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
Finally got Eyefinity set up...been waiting on this stuff for about a month. I like it so far, though I haven't really had much time to sit down and game for really long periods of time. 2 out of 5 games that I have tried Eyefinity with won't work so far, Dirt 2 and MW2. L4D2, TF2, and the BC2 beta work perfect. The BC2 beta is absolutely mind blowing in Eyefinity. There's one shot I took of me inside a tank, and you really feel like you're in that sucker when I've got all the lights in the room off and the volume up. Now past the boring stuff, on to the pictures :big_grin:

Delivery!

Back from Florida and unpacked the goodies:

Sizing up:

Here's my desktop before:

Inside of the computer before surgery (4890, Core Contact Freezer):

Inside of computer after setting in GPU and Megahalems (It wasn't finished then, you can see pci brackets missing, ram not pushed in all the way and wire galore):

Done and done (I don't plan on ever using maximized windows to browse any websites, just takes too much head turning):

Continued..

L4D2 quick single play, wanted to see if it works and you can see I still had to make some monitor placement adjustments:

TF2 is pretty sweet in Eyefinity, sorry for the poor camera shots (not sure why this picture just simply won't show in my FireFox, works fine in IE):

The BFBC2 Beta is by far the best game play experience I've had in Eyefinity, talk about immersion! I've already seen big advantages and getting that extra peripheral is really a great tool on the battlefield:

In one of the small tanks:

All in all, great experience so far. Definitely sucks that some games aren't supporting it for me. Not sure if it's my unique resolution (6144x1152), the drivers, or the games just simply don't support it right now (which is strange because I've seen support in the two games I'm having issues with so I'm not sure what's up). I've tried the Widescreen Fixer for MW2 but it still doesn't want to work. Both games seem to take one reso and stretch it across all three screens...it looks horrible and downright unplayable. For those games I will just switch to one screen.

I think I read somewhere that MW2 simply doesn't support certain viewing angles because it's considered an unfair advantage. Well, that's just silly because the game is full of unfair advantages, glitches, hacks, cheats, and 7 year olds...can I please play with 3 monitors? :p

Eyefinity is a heck of a step for gaming and it's been a long time coming. It's a whole new experience to get used to, and now I suck at every single game I play like I just started new again, because getting used to so much visual is hard...I got a small headache last night, but I think that's because of how close in proximity I am to the monitors. I really should look at getting new desk with more space for monitors. Thanks for reading :D

Beautiful pics and hardware!

You must of had a field day taking those home, unpacking, and setting up.

There's probably alot of configuring notepad wise or other kind of patches that will enable Eyefinity for the games having trouble. Have you checked the widescreen forum?

Where did you get that new desk? It's pretty much everything I've wanted in a desk. Simple and functional, with a nice two tone color.

Also I forgot to say that I am really happy with the temperature of the 5870 and glad that I didn't spring for an aftermarket cooler for it. My 4890 ran at about 58c at idle, the 5870 at idle runs at 39c. That's a crazy drop in temperature. Also, the Megahalems at idle is about 2c cooler than the CCF. I haven't OC'd or benched for temps yet.

Beautiful pics and hardware!

You must of had a field day taking those home, unpacking, and setting up.

There's probably alot of configuring notepad wise or other kind of patches that will enable Eyefinity for the games having trouble. Have you checked the widescreen forum?

Where did you get that new desk? It's pretty much everything I've wanted in a desk. Simple and functional, with a nice two tone color.

Yeah it was real fun bringing all the monitors down haha. Lots of bubble wrap. I put two facing each other with bubble wrap in between, then wrapped them both in more bubble wrap and carried them in a plastic bag on the plane. My girlfriend carried the 3rd that was also bubble wrapped in another plastic bag. All of the hardware fit into a large luggage bag that I checked so that wasn't so bad. I haven't checked Widescreen forum, thanks for the tip. I honestly don't know about the desk, it was one that was left in one of our offices after a client vacated. It's kind of small on top in that there's not much room between the monitors and my keyboard. If it had more desktop real estate then it would be perfect.

Have you tried them in landscape?

I think that would even be better.

If you mean portrait, I don't have a monitor stand and the monitors themselves don't turn 90 degrees. I would like to try them out some time like that though it looks pretty sweet.

Awesome setup mate! I would love to play BC2 with Eyefinity! I can see what you mean as starting all over as a noob...haha. It would be tough to have to have so much visual space. You have my deepest sympathies :p

James...that is awsome man....thanks for those pics and keep posting more of some different games....Thaw would have been a blast setting up.

How is the framerates of the games?

You have just made me jealous :p

very nice setup you have :D

TF2 is pretty sweet in Eyefinity, sorry for the poor camera shots (not sure why this picture just simply won't show in my FireFox, works fine in IE)

idk what it could be, but it does show up in FF for me.

that is a huge foot stool you have under your desk, or surge protector? lol.

thats a crazy view from inside the tank in bc2.

^ it's a UPS (uninterrupted power supply.) Basically a battery backup and surge protector in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom