Video VPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Has anyone with an ATI card ever have a VPU crash? I have a 9600, and have had this happen once in a while. I want to know how to fix it. Thanks for the help.

what are the temps on your card? goto your cat cp and goto overdrive, it'll show you the temp..

*edit* are you overclocking it at all?

does it say VPU Recover? or is it just a vpu error? i have the 9800xt and i used to play unreal tournament 2004 and it would get all messed up and say system has recovered vpu recover etc. for many diff possible reasons it doesnt do it anymore i have my os on a new hard drive, i installed sp1 and sp2... and maybe some other stuff. when does it give you the error?

amd64 3200+
ati 9800xt
maxtor 250gb 8mbC
maxtor sata 160
soyo k8usa
pioneer dvr 107D
corsair 512mb pc3200
audigy2zs platinum
dell 2001fp 20" lcd

The error window says:

VPU Recover has reset your graphis accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

I mostly get this error when playing bf1942dc. I dont have sp2 installed, i was thinking it might help, but sp2 was for security issues in windows.

Demalii said:
right click on your desktop, goto prop, then advanced...

Ok i follow, rt click display properties, but i dont see advanced, there are just the taps, (themes, desktop, screen saver, appearance, settings) Do you mean settings? and then advanced?

Thanks for the help.

cheers.. did ya click it? or were you waiting for a response? There should be a tab labeled overdrive, I think.. I haven't used that style for over 2 months now.. Been using the new cp. Look for the temp display on there though

sorry i dont follow what you mean at all.

I right click on the desktop, go to properties, the fifth tab, setting, then to the advanced btton, then a new window pops up with the following tabs:
displays
color
options
overlay
3D
General
Adapter
Monitor
Troubleshoot
Color Management

Where are you finding over drive?

Status