Buying PC Pre-made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely better. Remember, a PSU connects to everything. It blows, it can take out alot of other parts.

I ran a Corsair 520hx to power my rig in my sig, less the 2nd 260gtx with ease. It did run the 2, but i wanted more pci-e cables.

One thing about psus is its about Watts and Amps.. The 650 has like 52Amps. The 800 from Cyberpower is an 800W with 50Amps.

Well installing ram is at least one thing I'm capable of, I'll go with 4 now and maybe add 2 later.

Should I go with 1800MHz or 1600MHz? The difference in price is only about $30.

for gaming, the i7 860 have no significant advantage over the i5 750 (quick comparison)

don't get VelociRaptor, get a SSD with 1 large hard drive.

I am not familiar with water cooling, nor have I ever used water cooling.
but don't you have to change out the coolant once in a while? and bleed the loop after?
sounds like more work than air cooling

maybe slaymate can put together a system for you and charge you a small fee :tongue:

They don't seem to have a non-water cooled option for that model, I'll look at some cheaper ones.

Thanks for the suggestions.

*edit*

I did a price comparison, I realize that some of these can be found for cheaper, but these are newegg/tigerdirect prices.

Case: $65
Power Supply: $95
CPU: $200
Cooling Fan: $60 - on sale for $30 I think
Motherboard: couldnt find, found quote somewhere else for $125
Memory: couldn't even find a quote
Video Card: $400
Hard Drive: $300
Optical Drive: $100
Sound: didn't look
Network: didn't look
Flash Media Reader/Writer: didn't look
USB Port: didn't look
Operating System: Oem $100 Full retail $170

Assuming they give me an oem copy of windows, it comes to about $1415, not including the ram, USB ports, sound, labor, etc. The ram alone would add at least another one or two hundred, I would think.

So apparently, unless my math is way off (and it could be, I'm not math-oriented) it would actually cost more from newegg.

Also, will this mobo be fast enough, or should I upgrade it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom