Fan troubles need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
i got all my parts today and most of everything is put together i am just having a little trouble with the fans.

Case - Newegg.com - Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Mobo - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i cant (and its not just me, i had a friend of mine and a neightbor who build computers) find the port where it is suppose to go it doesnt say anything in either manual and there is nothing i can find that could possibly power it on the PSU.

I could really use some help here and i cant honestly believe that this is the only thing from holding me from getting on and playing with my new PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

i have never seen 4 pin connector.? but then again you have one soo.. ah and the adapter looks like it could work.. or you could buy a different CPU fan. up to you mate. hope i was of help.. rate me if i was. good luck!

if its that then this is the one.

gg.png - Windows Live

cant really tell what that is, but its not a fan header.

GA-H55M-S2H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

hx86cl.jpg

your mobo only has 2 fan headers; the one circled in red is the cpu_fan header and the on circled in green is a sys_fan header.

youll want to connect the fan that came with your cpu to the cpu_fan.

and you can hook up 1 of the case fans to the sys_fan header. the other fan i guess youll need to buy an adapter like the one you found to connect it directly to the psu.

nice picture. i have the cpu fan already hooked up to the right header but the fan wouldnt fit into the sys_fan header

oh i see. it looks like the fans that came with the case are 3 pin but the mobo has a 4 pin header.

in that case, you could get that adapter you found.

Looks to me like on the mobo fan header the "locking tab" is offset to one side. Plug your 3 wire fan connector in so that the tab on the mobo fan header lines up in the slot on the fan connector, the 4th pin simply wont be used. Looks pretty straight forward to me.

Looks to me like on the mobo fan header the "locking tab" is offset to one side. Plug your 3 wire fan connector in so that the tab on the mobo fan header lines up in the slot on the fan connector, the 4th pin simply wont be used. Looks pretty straight forward to me.

tried that it didnt even go in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom