is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilWithin

Beta member
I've got a Nvidia GeForce3 Ti200 video card and it runs at 175 Engine Core/400 Mem Core. If I overclock i can push it to 220/470. I don't have extreme cooling but just the cooling that came with my pc when i bought it. Is it worth the risk?

No it really isn't. It's like when I was OC'ing my GF2 MX 32mb that I had for a little bit lol. At this point in time and with the games that are out you won't notice sh!t for difference. The card is pretty old so that doesn't really help it either. Especially if you only have stock cooling on it, it's really not even worth the time and effort to even attempt to OC it. I would suggest just saving up for a new card and keep that one as a spare or build a 2nd computer.

dude video cards barley change temps when u overclock!!!!
the only thing that matters is stability but ocing will lower the life of ur card but i assume you arnet going to live of that for too much longer..... : D

ya seriously, ist bout time u change gfx card, so y not push it to see what u can get out of it. that card isnt worth mouch anyways.. :D

BUT ocing is a LONG process. oc it a bit, and see if stable, then oc again, till u get artifacts, and u know thats when to stop. then just lower it a bit.

ehh overall it's just not even worth it, you won't even notice a difference in framerate to even be able to tell if it's overclocked at all lol

hmm i tried that whole bit by bit thing and i am not a patient man so i scrapped that idea and bumped it up bout 60 mhz and it held ok so i kept it. then jus for fun i pushed it to the far right and the whole display went crazy, like pink and blue and yllow dots everywhere; u couldnt even make out the desktop lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom