Acer or Asus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
hello everyone,
I am buying a new laptop and I had a question about which one to get.
I am looking for a laptop that will allow me to surf the web, do some light photo editing as well as movie editing and video chat.

I have found 2 options that I think are pretty good, but the question I have is which one to buy?
They seem to compare pretty evenly by their components, but the price and manufacturer are different. here are the links:

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS5732Z-4598 NoteBook Intel Pentium T4400(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR2 667 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - ASUS P50IJ-X2 NoteBook Intel Pentium T4400(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks

They're both very similar spec wise. I would suggest the ASUS. It has a bigger hard drive, and a 2 year warranty compared to the Acer's 1 year. The ASUS also has 2 more USB ports than the Acer. If any of those are more important to you that would justify the higher price of the ASUS.

I own both an Asus (G1Sn-X1) and Acer(5535) laptop.

I like them both and they serve their purposes very very well. If I had to chose between comparable laptops I'd go for the Asus.

The hard drive failed in my Asus 3 days after the 2-year warranty was over but I called AsusTeK anyway and they sent me a new one since it was so close to the cut-off date. Great customer service has made me an Asus'r for life.

Nothing wrong with Acer though, all 4 of my family's Acers have been reliable.

I'd go for the Asus though!

Chiming in with a vote for ASUS.

You get the 1 year accidental damage warranty which is pretty unheard of otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom