desktop had shutdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro1

In Runtime
hi guys i woke up this morning and now my desktop is acting up :( i turned on the pc and everything loaded up perfect, but then a msg popped up saying that the computer had restarted by its self some time last night

im running windows vista home whats the best thing i can do so it dont do it again ?

This could be caused by a number of different things. Such overheating, virus, hardware failure, etc.

Does this happen often? Or has this happened before?

You can try disabling the auto-reboot feature of Vista by:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

If there is something wrong, instead of restarting by itself, a blue screen (BSOD) will show up and display a specific error message that could be causing the computer to restart itself.

While you're at it, you should monitor your system's temperature and scan for viruses.

ok i unchecked the box and updated my virus protection ect.... now ill find out how to monitor my system temp

cpuheat.jpg

screen shot of my system,it changes a lil but....

well i downloaded the link u gave and saved it to my desktop and then clicked on it and thats what came up....

if i had to guess i say idling bc the numbers changes every sec but not by much though

Oh ok, then the CPU is a bit warm at 50+ to 60C when it's just idling. So probably when you're doing something more demanding on the CPU, it will probably reach 70C or higher which is overheating. 20-40C is acceptable for idling and 50-60C is good for load.

Try cleaning out the dust in your computer, especially the CPU's heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom