Laptop Screen Dimmed (Black) Model EAA-89

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rules

Baseband Member
Hi i have a philips X72 which is actually a quanta Eaa-89 and the screen has gone dark as if the inverter had gone but have another so took the inverter from another the same with no joy and now that one is doing the same have now replaced the lcd screen cable and with another inverter and again nothing its still dark although i got yet another laptop sitting beside it and plugged the lcd backlight cable from this into the inverter on another laptop and it works fine so the only thing the laptop seems unable to do is light up the screen i dont think that 3 inverters are all duff

sorry for the long post just at the end of my wittts with this one any help is appreciated as its not even my machine its my sis's

another thing i forgot to mention is i considered that the lid switch was pressed down which kept the screen off but i don't know where it is on this laptop i've had the whole motherboard out and couldn't find a button anywhere how would the laptop know when the lid is closed and with both laptops the same its baffled me

I'm no expert on laptops, and am currently having my own lcd problems on my Toshiba Satellite (which Ive posted here)... But, easiest way to tell if the laptop thinks the lid is closed would be to set the "lid closed" function in windows to do something. For example, sleep, shutdown, or hibernate. If it does that when you have the lid open, thats about the best method I would try to eliminate such a cause.

hi thanks i've tried changing the lid settings in windows to sleep but when i close lid nothing happens which makes me think the button could already be pressed and because its already pressed when i change the settings windows wont respond to me changing the settings but i cant locate the button anywhere to see if its pressed or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom