I bought RAM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those modules will work with a dual channel configuration. The appropriate DIMMs will be color coordinated for dual channel.

Both your CPU and mobo have to support dual channel. If you only have 2 RAM slots then yeah you put them next to each other and it should automatically be set up as dual channel when your computer boots up as long as like I said your CPU and mobo support dual channel.

If you have 3 RAM slots, I believe to get dual channel you put 1 stick in the first slot and the other in the 3rd slot. Can someone back that information up for me as I'm not 100% sure if that's the case.

Your processor I believe is indeed capable of dual channel, but I know nothing of the motherboard and personally I hate ASUS, just check the manufacturer website on your board and it'll say DUAL DDR 400!!!! or something along those lines if it supports it.

EDIT: Bah! Damnit ag beat me to it! Well i've got 3 RAM slots, the two by each other are the same color and the 3rd is different. I thought it went 1 and 3 for DC cause I coulda sworn I read that somewhere.

Nubius said:
...I thought it went 1 and 3 for DC cause I coulda sworn I read that somewhere.
That is very possible. The DIMMs that are capable of dual channel don't necessarily have to be next to each other.

Yeah, I guess his best bet would just to be to refer to the manual. I can't remember where I read that, coulda been the manual for my ABit board lol, I guess I need to find that out somewhere to make absolute sure. I know I've seen people that have had RAM in slot 1 and 3 and I thought now why would they do that? Damnit ag, you're supposed to know EVERYTHING

I have the exact same ram you ordered, Buy some copper heat spreaders, overclock them and they'll be exactly like some XMS ram.

yeah my 3-3-3-8 valueram can easily run at 2.5-3-3-7 without any problems....but it's not like thats an overwhelming difference =/

EDIT: Snap lol I just now noticed it says Kingstong in my sig :p

ried slot 1 and 2 and 1 and 3 but they dont work..both say single channel

just checked on www.asus.com and my mobo doesnt have dual channel.......im gonnna cry now, bye

does dual channel give a bigg enough boost in perf. to cry about......or is it barely noticeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom