what u think about HD5870 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle5968

In Runtime
i need a graphics card
im gonna be using evga e758 w/ i7 920
what u guys think about to card or should i get something else for same amount of money
btw im gonna be doing water cooling

5870 is the best single card currently available. There is no better option for the same amount of money.

Only other option is to wait for Fermi and see how they pan out. They will be more expensive but "may" have better performance and the 5870's "may" be cheaper at that time.

Like said above....since it is the best single card solution available at the moment...I like it alot.

oh i thought # HD5970 # GTX 295 was better than 5870?
there was a list of best GPU on this forum
what is fermi?
whats the difference between ati and nvidia?

ATI is Coca Cola
Nvidia is Pepsi

Fermi is Nvidia's new flavor of Pepsi
the 5970, 5870, 5XXX series is ATI's newest line of Coca Cola products.

Nvidia/Pepsi will be releasing Fermi in a month or so, and it may be a better flavor than the 5XXX series released by ATI/Coca Cola.
So it's best to wait and see if the Pepsi/Nvidia's Fermi is better.
Also, it may push the prices of the Coca Cola/ATI down. (If you're interested in buying a Coca Cola/ATI card.)

That's an analogy I like to think of in my brain. :D

oh i thought # HD5970 # GTX 295 was better than 5870?

the 5970 and 295 have 2 cores...which makes them basically two graphics cards slapped together. However a 5870 has one core, and is a single card solution.

If you are interested in overclocking, the HD5970 is a good choice as the card comes down clocked to stay within TDP standards, hence the strange nomenclature despite being essentially two Hemlock GPUs.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1774870 said:
ATI is Coca Cola
Nvidia is Pepsi

Nvidia/Pepsi will be releasing Fermi in a month or so, and it may be a better flavor than the 5XXX series released by ATI/Coca Cola.
Also, it may push the prices of the Coca Cola/ATI down. (If you're interested in buying a Coca Cola/ATI card.)

haha very nice. although some may argue the visual output is different from nvidia versus ATI cards, I'd have to call bs as it's mainly the engine, monitor, and drivers.....

^yeah there is no difference on that part. I have used both nvidia and amd cards and there is no difference other then performance. Acctually i would have to say that amd cards run cooler.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1774870 said:
ATI is Coca Cola
Nvidia is Pepsi

I like coca cola more, their commercials with those cuddly polar bears triggers something beastly within me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom