Help with my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
he mentioned on his original post that he wanted to keep his upgrade options open, including possibly adding a second 5870. this was really the reason why i listed a 790fx mobo. i thought that a powerful high-end card like a 5870 would have a significant bottleneck in crossfire at x8/x8 on a 790x/gx mobo whereas a 790fx would allow them to run at full x16/x16.

now i actually found an article comparing this with a 5870 (and crossfire) and turns out that although there is a difference, its really more noticeable in benchmarking, not so much in actual gameplay.

so @ Joelowbrown, forget what i posted above, i would go with an i5 750 rig. it would still be cheaper than what you had listed before and would outperform that phenom ii build.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

still includes a 5870, an aftermarket heatsink for OCing, a 1tb hdd, and the case you picked. and the psu will handle future upgrades including a second 5870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom