video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
how could the 128mb 9800pro work better?...wouldnt u think a 256mb card would work better than a 128mb card?

Well you would think that - but they had to change the architecture so that they could increase the VRAM. The R350 (9800/PRO) was intended for 128 Mb and the R360 (9800 XT) was intended for 256 Mb.

That change in the architecture had a negative effect on the overall performance.

painkiller shouldn't be a problem running higher than low. Maybe not REAL high, but dont see any problems.

painkiller isn't that intensive as one might think. I ran it complete full settings with the FX 5700 card , 2400+ XP CPU and 256mb of valueram, complete high settings, no lag.

Well you would think that - but they had to change the architecture so that they could increase the VRAM. The R350 was intended for 128 Mb (R360 (9800 XT) was intended for 256 Mb).

That change in the architecture had a negative effect on the overall performance.

Yeesh ag, can you upload your brain to the forums so I can download the information from it? It's probably cluttered with pr0n and spyware though :p

ag3 you've just changed everything I feel about Radeon 9800 Pro Cards lol. (GeForce guy myself).

You'd probably be able to play on Medium to High from the specs you said above mighty_chick but I doubt Ultra High.

yeah just like ag got me to say that previous gen ATI's outperform Nvidia....psht I think he's just brainwashing us. He must be an ATI representative or something

I played painkiller on med with a 128DDR FX5200 and 256 memory on a 1.6, but cranking everything up would bog me down pretty good. Thing about painkiller is it's more CPU and mem intensive than most other games. The only games I know that are that intensive at the time I got painkiller was Gothic 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom