Windows is not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your board is dead, not your graphics card. The 4-pin gives the board extra power for the CPU, not your graphics card. Graphic card use the 6-pin connection, unless your's is older.

I dont think,it is old but in anyway it works.

Today ı bought a new psu 420 watt everest.It is too much wattt for me but i bought in anyway. I put it and now pc seems to be working ok. But still i cant open old windows, but if i put windows cd i cansee repair screen,no resets being happened.

I will look both harddiskes by one by to see if there is any problem. If it seems windows files whicj i was using are corrupted,i will repair it.....

TGhe temprature is cpu was around 59 centigers. ıT İS 3.2 ghz,i have used it for 5-6 years and it was same all tijme.It is high but no problem i think because intel says maximum can be 70 i remember. What do you think aBOUT it? My cpu is dead?

NMaybe becauyse of the thing which i put between cpu and cooler, it is not a good brand or not silver etc.And my cooler,original intel cooleris maybe problem. Because one of piece of fan is broken.

Ok using this picture as an example:
atx-mobo-overhead-socket.jpg

You said the 4-pin CPU power connector (as stated in the pic, middle right) was burnt? If yes, I think your motherboard would be fried? Which means it would not work :stare:.

If it's not what you mean, please correct me. I'm trying to understand what exactly is being said, also provided a pic...if you can use the pic as reference, can you guide us.

The -4-pin connector of psu was not all only top 2 of 4 was black,as if it is fried.IMy motherboard is not fried.I hope so.

The blackness was on psu connector not on board.

I cant search a picture now. I hope you undestand.

Let me tell:

It couldnot load anything,bios etc. So i thought board is dead. Then i thought as you suggested maybe psu iwas the problem and removed 4-pin connector from board and saw it is black so i thouht psu is dead.

And one of you had asked what the brand of is. It is fsb and very old.

Before i saw it is black,( probably after burning), psu was giving power to board not completely. Because the fan was turning, the thing was shining so the problem is psu i thought and tried someone's psu there and it worked. So i bought today a new psu 420 wattinstead of my old-300 watt psu.

Youmade me think if board has problems ,too.hOW do i understand this? mAYBE if board has problems like you think, it can crush again psu or cpu. Or cpu has problems. What do you think?

Also thanks for helpings until now

And also maybe the 4-pin connector on board as can be seen in pictoure here is given is not burned as i could see.Board burned psu or psu burned it, i dont know, iam not sure......

So you can't access any of the installations of Windows? If none of them are working, I would format one of the two drives and just start fresh with a new installation.

If your CPU cooler is screwed you definitely need to fix/replace that. Be sure to use/reapply thermal paste between the cooler and the CPU.

There is still the possibility that your motherboard could be bad. There is also a chance your hard drives are going bad (but not very likely for both at once). Try doing a format/reinstall of Windows first. If that doesn't work then we'll see about checking your motherboard.

You said your cpu temperature is 59C and one of the fan blades is broken? This is probably the main reason the computer won't start. Because you cannot boot into Windows I'm assuming your reading the cpu temperature from the bios. While your in the bios your PC is basically at an idle so 59C is very hot. As soon as Windows starts to load the cpu will start to do some major work and it's temperature will rise accordingly. As soon as it gets too hot the cpu will start producing errors and when it get to a pre-determined temperature (depending on your specific cpu) the PC will shut down.

So you can't access any of the installations of Windows? If none of them are working, I would format one of the two drives and just start fresh with a new installation.

If your CPU cooler is screwed you definitely need to fix/replace that. Be sure to use/reapply thermal paste between the cooler and the CPU.

There is still the possibility that your motherboard could be bad. There is also a chance your hard drives are going bad (but not very likely for both at once). Try doing a format/reinstall of Windows first. If that doesn't work then we'll see about checking your motherboard.

Now i am at that pc, using one old windows of them.

I am trying to repair the my main which i want to access by doing repair of xp home edition but until now it is not successful.

But before breaking the blade of fan, the temperature was aroundsame too.

I put thermal paste between them but not a good brand.

I dont think the board is bad. Gigabyte it is.

My harddiskes are old, one of is maxtor 160 gb sata ; other is ide 80 gb samsung.

Now i am at that pc and looking at speedfan program.Cpus' is 50 centedegree.

They are 25,25,,46,46,46.

Now cpu is 49.Maybe it is low because of i am using a very low ram gpu,64 mb. I will buy a new but not now.

I want to install a windows to my externeal 1 tbharddrive but it says it cant be i dont udnerstand. Why cant i install to it directly?

You said your cpu temperature is 59C and one of the fan blades is broken? This is probably the main reason the computer won't start. Because you cannot boot into Windows I'm assuming your reading the cpu temperature from the bios. While your in the bios your PC is basically at an idle so 59C is very hot. As soon as Windows starts to load the cpu will start to do some major work and it's temperature will rise accordingly. As soon as it gets too hot the cpu will start producing errors and when it get to a pre-determined temperature (depending on your specific cpu) the PC will shut down.

Yes one of is broken. The computer starts now,and it was starting when i said the message you had read. It was not starting when psu is fried,before fried do you understand?

Yes i was using from bios at that time.

I think that in the time of burning of psu, windows files are corrupted so i couldnot open it and now i cant open too.Is not it logical?

Now i am at that pc, using one old windows of them.

I am trying to repair the my main which i want to access by doing repair of xp home edition but until now it is not successful.

But before breaking the blade of fan, the temperature was aroundsame too.

I put thermal paste between them but not a good brand.

I dont think the board is bad. Gigabyte it is.

My harddiskes are old, one of is maxtor 160 gb sata ; other is ide 80 gb samsung.

Now i am at that pc and looking at speedfan program.Cpus' is 50 centedegree.

They are 25,25,,46,46,46.

Now cpu is 49.Maybe it is low because of i am using a very low ram gpu,64 mb. I will buy a new but not now.

I want to install a windows to my externeal 1 tbharddrive but it says it cant be i dont udnerstand. Why cant i install to it directly?

The brand of thermal paste does not matter.

If it's SATA, it's not that old.

I thought you couldn't get into windows XP, where are you getting these temps from?

CPU is on the motherboard. A GPU is on your graphice cards, did you mean your GPU is 49? That's normal for a low-grade card.

You can't install Windows on an external. It needs to be internal (someone explain this further, I cant explain)

The brand of thermal paste does not matter.

If it's SATA, it's not that old.

I thought you couldn't get into windows XP, where are you getting these temps from?

CPU is on the motherboard. A GPU is on your graphice cards, did you mean your GPU is 49? That's normal for a low-grade card.

You can't install Windows on an external. It needs to be internal (someone explain this further, I cant explain)

Now i am ok.

Let me tell story.

After changing psu, there were a lot of windowses more than 2 and i cant understand which one is which kind of and in which hdd or drive because it changes when you give priority to other harddisk.

So i made a lot of efforst,delete the some drives one by one by putting the files to my external harddisk.But i had to get into mymain windows,which i use now.

When i attemp to enter and give my true password of admin it says register in 30 days. Before this,it was corrupted you know because of maybe friying of psu.

When i try to register from lan, it says there is no lan. But my xp is original and i had registered very long ago.

After a lot of efforts, i had to telephone microsoft call center to activate my windows because i coulnot open it.Then i made it open.

TYhere is no windows or drives now. Ä° will make inactive my ide harddisk becauyse it is 80 gbsmaller than sata and sata is newer and better. What do you commment about this?

And this windows is not good.What do you suggest to me install; original xp home edition or others; original vista sp2 or 7 or something else?

And how can i install a windows to my external harddrive?

About the external drive using to boot Windows, you can read here Use External hard drive to boot Windows incase C drive crashes? / Infopackets.com.

My response:

Yes, it is possible to use the external hard drive as a total replacement / backup unit if your internal C drive crashed and you were no longer able to boot into Windows. This is called making a mirror image of your hard drive.

You can do this if:

a) your external hard drive is as big or bigger than your internal hard drive, and

b) you use a disk imager like Acronis True Image to make a "mirror copy" or "disk copy" from the internal hard drive (C drive) to the external USB drive (D drive, for example). A mirror copy essentially copies the *entire* drive from one to the next.

I dont want to boot ,firstly i want to install windows in it.But it gives error whiel trying this.
Don't think you can, as said below.
Only way I think you can is if you copied an image of your previous drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom