Advice for my first time build please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for a kit of memory simular to this.
Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV4GK - Desktop Memory

If you could link us to the store your planning on shopping at we could give you more direct suggestions. And a budget, how much cash can we spend :D

I am looking at these shops:
Scorpion Technology: Online Computer Hardware & Software Store in Australia - Scorpion Technology
Computer Hardware & Software Australia | Techbuy Australia

Roughly $2000 AUD , currently im at about $1500 with original list.

Cheers

A further question. In regards to choosing a motherboard for the i5 750, im tossing up between the intel h55 or p55 chipset. Now as i understand the p55 doesnt have on board graphics. Seeing im buying a graphics card this seems irrelevant, but on the intel website it says something about RAM performing faster without HD on board CPU. For example "2200mhz can only be achieved without HD graphics"

So because Im buying a graphics card should i go with the p55 board so i can get faster RAM??

For Mobo I would do this one if you want to crossfire later Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P.
If you are not lookin to upgrade and stick with one card this is also a good board GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3.
They are the p55 chip

A further question. In regards to choosing a motherboard for the i5 750, im tossing up between the intel h55 or p55 chipset. Now as i understand the p55 doesnt have on board graphics. Seeing im buying a graphics card this seems irrelevant, but on the intel website it says something about RAM performing faster without HD on board CPU. For example "2200mhz can only be achieved without HD graphics"

So because Im buying a graphics card should i go with the p55 board so i can get faster RAM??

neither h55 or p55 mobos have onboard video. the h55 just supports using the integrated gpu found on clarkdale cpus (ex: i3 5xx series, i5 6xx series).

both could probably be found for around the same price, but i would go with a p55 mobo.

not sure where you found that bit of info about ram, but i really dont think you should worry about it too much. unless youre going to be doing some serious OCing, i doubt you will need your ram running a 2200mhz.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, i dont plan to crossfire later but who knows...
Im not really into OC yet either, i just want a ******* machine that will perform well and has the ability to upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom