Thinking of buying these two items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously NOT buy that psu.. Infact it might not even run the gpu. The site says 22Amps, but the psu says only 17.

Theres no way a 17Amp psu will run the systedm stable. Save more cash and buy A better brand psu. With out all your specs, its hard to say for sure, but 500W is a decent wattage, but you need more amps.

Edit

Muffin beat me to it while researching the psu rating.

People are very touchy about PSUs in this forum.
Well, I didn't look very closely into it.
If the 12v rail only has 17A, buy a different PSU, but if it does have 22A, you'll be ok, probably.
You'd be better off with a 20-30$ HEC 585w or Cooler Master Elite 460w though, most definitely.

We're not touchy...... a crap psu will blow and take out even more components.

We also don't like seeing people was their money on crap, wasted money means they could have not bought the crap, waitedc 2 weeks for more cash and got a better component.

We're not touchy...... a crap psu will blow and take out even more components.

We also don't like seeing people was their money on crap, wasted money means they could have not bought the crap, waitedc 2 weeks for more cash and got a better component.

Sorry what?
I'm having problems reading that jibberish.

A completely garbage PSU will take out other components.
I do agree with that.
But if he's using a 4850, odds are he won't draw more than 250w at max load.
If he can get a PSU that can supply better than that, he's fine.

So you can't read plain english?? Makes it hard to believe your advise then.

What does having to only draw 250W got to do with the fact the the psu was garbage, and barely putting out enough amps to power anything quality.

You're hung up on the 500W and not looking at the whole package. Amps are very important. A corsair 450vx puts out 33Amps... atleast 11 more than the original psu.

I think you need to read the responces again, you're argueing the points both muffin man and I both said.

Well I did my homework and did a little further research, and I concede, patonb and Muffin Man are both correct.

DO NOT BUY THAT CASECOM PSU.

The reasoning?
Sure, it has a low rating, but most budget PSUs do.
The real kicker with that thing, is that it's just the Silver Casecom 500w ATX PSU with some more connections added on.
The original Casecom Silver PSU did not have a 6 pin PCI-E connector, and now this black one does?
Seems like Casecom did a cheap fix and just added one in.
And seeing as the XFX 4850 you selected needs a 6 pin PCI-E connector, I wouldn't trust the one that was Frankensteined onto this Casecom 500w ATX Black PSU.

Sorry for the argument patonb and Muffin Man.

lol, i like how i argued without almost having said anything.

thats fine if you further researched it, but you shouldve agreed with what me an patonb (mostly patonb) had said. like was already said, we're not "touchy", but we will point it out if something is not recommended so that the person doesnt waste their money, thats why we replied in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom