CPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
i see am using cpuID now the core speed has gone to less than 2.66 o_O idk whats wrong with this thing any idea? is it just the program or the actual cpu itself?

Post moved from Graphics Performance List thread to a new thread.

Has nothing to do with graphics. Do not use popular threads for other topics.

i have core i5 i OC'd it to 4.013Ghz then put it back to default then all the bios setup are all in auto. ive been wondering what just happened to this core everytime i checked the speed using cpu-z.

edit: as well as my dram frequency it has gone to 668mhz instead of 1600mhz o_O am so confused please people help out..

i have core i5 i OC'd it to 4.013Ghz then put it back to default then all the bios setup are all in auto. ive been wondering what just happened to this core everytime i checked the speed using cpu-z.

edit: as well as my dram frequency it has gone to 668mhz instead of 1600mhz o_O am so confused please people help out..

I guess you didn't bother to read:
B: what is speedstep in the post above.

you put everything at default, your computer will try to save energy for your when the power is not needed. It downclocks itself to run stable at a lower voltage.

dram frequency. because you set everything at auto, your RAM defaults to 1333 Mhz to ensure compatibility with more motherboards.

I bet you are going to ask me then why it isn't showing 1333???? 668*2=1333
please read: what is DDR

last but not least, stop PMing me!
I don't want to cyber :silly:

oh i see how can i put it back to the way it supposed to be when i 1st built it?

i wanted the original speed of my cpu/ram which are 2.66ghz and 1600mhz :( is there any way?

oh i see how can i put it back to the way it supposed to be when i 1st built it?

i wanted the original speed of my cpu/ram which are 2.66ghz and 1600mhz :( is there any way?

it will automatically turn back to 2.66ghz whenever you use any CPU intensive programs.

but if you absolutely want it to stay at 2.66ghz constantly; just go into BIOS, and turn off speedstep.

while you are in BIOS, manually set your RAM at 1600

I don't have the same motherboard as you, so I can't give you exact directions.
gonna have to poke around yourself.

anyone have the same motherboard asus p7p55d-e pro or just pro? i really want the actual speed of my ram 1600mhz :( anyone know how to put it back?? please guide me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom