When OC the cpu does it always show faster speed in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get temps down, you could lap the heatsink so it sits flush with the CPU. That would help you even further. Lapping your CPU would be the next option if all your fans have been replaced with ones that push more air.

so you think my cpu is still running to hot in another words, well what type of temps should I be looking for? I will take everything off and place it back on and see if that makes a difference I suppose.

That's still really hot. I've got a Phenom II 940 @3.6ghz + a core contact with an ULTRA KAZE on it. With cool n quiet on, I idle 27-29 range and under full load I'm at 43-44c. With that althon X2 your temps should be near mine or lower, since its a dual core. Don't quote me on any of that, but friend's pc has a Althon II 620 and he idles at 23-25c load at 40 with just an arctic freezer 6 or something like that.

With the thermal paste, try using 9 small dabs on the cpu, set up like:

Worked great for me, when I finally got it on right my temps went down a couple degrees.

That's still really hot. I've got a Phenom II 940 @3.6ghz + a core contact with an ULTRA KAZE on it. With cool n quiet on, I idle 27-29 range and under full load I'm at 43-44c. With that althon X2 your temps should be near mine or lower, since its a dual core. Don't quote me on any of that, but friend's pc has a Althon II 620 and he idles at 23-25c load at 40 with just an arctic freezer 6 or something like that.

With the thermal paste, try using 9 small dabs on the cpu, set up like:

Worked great for me, when I finally got it on right my temps went down a couple degrees.

im at the point im redy to say **** it lol. The other day I took the cpu off like 10 times, and tried so many methods applying thermal paste, and the best i ever got was idle around 34* The only thing I could see what might be wrong, is when I put together my cooler, maybe the fan is facing the wrong way, thats the only thing. I put the sticker facing out, the directions wasnt exactly clear.

you know I woke up this morning, and did a little research and Im ready to skip these air cooled systems and just go water cooled, I thought they ware super expensive but I see they came down in price. So I will make an update after I find which one Im going to get and get it installed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom