A Gaming build for your analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cases are always personal preference Muffin Man, but people on this forum when they ask for help, they are asking for your opinion.
In my opinion Full Towers are never an ABSOLUTE MUST unless in the cases of WC, mutli-GPU setups, or multi-HDD setups.
Otherwise, it's optional, and buying a mid tower will save you money.
So unless you absolutely need a full tower for a WC setup, 3 or more graphics cards, or 5+ HDD's it's cheaper and more cost effective to go for a mid tower.
In my opinion, the best mid towers to get right now are either some fancy Lian Li's, the CM 690 II, or the Rosewill Blackbone.
And bang for buck, the Rosewill Blackbone case offers...
Great cooling, Great cable management, space for even the largest graphics cards, and the ability to change the CPU cooler without removing the motherboard.

Thanks again guys, this has been a great help
Kaeso

no problem :silly:

I'll probably get a better heatsink since I'll overclock, so Thermalright True-120 Extreme along with some Thermal Paste for lapping or similar
Or
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 or similar for Push/Pull.
check out the Thermalright Venomus-X. beats both the TRUE120 and Noctua

hey fatclown, what case do you recommend?
The Lian Li / Lancool K62 looks like an awesome case.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1774009 said:
I regret my big case with lots of fans because it sounds like a 747 taking off at full load.

LOL
get some quieter fans
check out them noiseblockers (expensive)

Lol

Whats the difference between the Thermalright Venomous-X and the TRUE120 in your opinion? They look similar visually and are even similar in price so I'm curious what the difference is?

Don't really know what it means
but the bars are slightly shorter, so I guess it cools better
2ds1ezp.jpg

Hey guys!

Apologies for bumping but it seemed a waste to make a new thread, lol

So I've been researching and reading and whatnot and I finally figured out what a push/pull system is, I feel dumb cause I thought it applied to the whole case not just the CPU, lol.

So, as I understand it a heat sink is attached via a plate to the CPU, heat is drawn up through the pipes, into the heat sink and is cooled by airflow from two fans attached at opposite ends. The Airflow going in one direction. Did I get it right? I also understand the idea of lapping making the bottom of the plate as smooth as possible for heat transfer to be at its best, though I don't understand quite how a smooth surface is the best I would think the heat would crack it or something, clarification on this point would be awesome, lol. And of course the final touch is thermal paste to fill in any irregularities.

Anyhow with all this in mind, I do want to do the push/pull cooling system for the CPU (It sounds efficient as heck), but I don't want to void the warranty of the CPU or the Heat sink. Obviously this means the Thermalright True 120 Extreme would be a waste for me, no? What, then, would be a heat sink that I would not have to lap, but is still pretty good? Perhaps the Noctua NH-U12P SE2, you recommended, Slaymate? Any input would be appreciated. Also any input on how to make the case itself an effective cooler would be great, especially fan locations, theory and the like.

Thanks in advance!
Kaeso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom