ok, WTF photoshop is saying I dont have enough Ram to open, but it used to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to start menu/run, type 'regedit' ,press enter. then folow my previous post.

if u have any consern about if u need any of those startup items, just go to this website and put the name of the item into the search bar, it will tell u what it does. then u can more esily determen if its safe to disable. http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
========================================
u may also wont to check out....

go to... start/settings/controle panel/administrative tools/services

all the services that are safe to disable are shown at this site... http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

by default windows runs a bunch of bull crap, compensating for every posible pc setup, so it leaves ton's enabled/running.
==========================================
EDIT: o yea heres a quick tip if u wont the menue lists to popup almost instantly(instead of waiting half a sec)

/HKey_current_user/control panel/desktop... 'MenuShowDelay' modify it to a value of either or between (0 to 100)

EDIT AGAIN: sorry, note- registry changes do not take efect untill u restart.

ok, I havent tried everything yet, but its still not working, I was gone for the weekend. 6.0 works fine even with multiple browsers and programs open. heres a couple screenshots of the registry

registry1.jpg

registry.jpg

anyone see any values that are off, and also I couldnt find where it said memory usage anywhere. FOr the paging file I told it to use system managed size. Should I tell it to favor programs or system cache:confused:

in the registry u need to click on the "7.0" the values are on that folder. memory usage is in there.

all performance options like 'memory usage' should favor programs.

paging files may perform a little better if the min and max are set to the same value. i dont know how windows alocates them, but i just set mine to 1024 min/max.

k, heres the registry

untitled.jpg

I disabled most of it, on startup I get liek 20 processes.

Also, a couple times when I try to launch PS, it freezes the program when It says accessing twain menus( thats the printer scanner/copier im pretty sure) sure I reinstall the printer drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom