PC Video Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirota

Solid State Member
Ok so I have my pc connected to my computer through a DVI cord ( i think thats what its called, the thing with a bunch of little holes)...its being output through my video card which supports HD

now my question is, am I in HD right now? a friend told me that i need to get a DVi to HDMI adapter to get HD on my pc...
i have my resolution set to 1920x1080 and it looks good, but im not sure if im in true HD picture quality...

HDMI and DVI are essentially the same thing; both are digital signal. So yes, you're getting HD picture, as long as the thing you are playing is indeed HD.

In all reality, anything over 720×576 resolution is high definition. You're running HD. Even with an analog signal, above the 720×576 resolution is still high definition. DVI-D, DVI-I and HDMI just use digital signals.

In all reality, anything over 720×576 resolution is high definition. You're running HD. Even with an analog signal, above the 720×576 resolution is still high definition. DVI-D, DVI-I and HDMI just use digital signals.

ok so the cable doesnt matter? im a little confused...am i on analog signal or HD signal?

YES, you are on digital if using DVI. And you are in so called FullHD = 1920x1080 as FullHD movies are on bluray disks.
DVI is the same as HDMI just DVI is missing sound and it is digital = less quality loosing = better picture (or no quality loosing at all comparing to analog).
Don't mix it, HD signal could go through analog or digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom