video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
Is a Radeon 9200 256mb gold edition video card good enough to play: doom 3, far cry, battlefield vietnam, painkiller, etc. i am hoping it will play them half-descent but i am also thinking about getting a new video card anyway

its not all the vid card... whats ur sys specs? i dount u can run the games very well.

You will be able to use that card for those games, but you will have to use the lowest settings in both the game and the Direct3D/OpenGL configuration.

It also depends on the rest of your hardware.

i was refering to good settings, like high, but ya i gues if ur on super low, itl work :D

hmm, ya you should be able to run the games. just keep the settings low, so u wont experiance choppy graphics and low fps :D

i wanted at least a fx5700 256mb card or a 9800pro 256mb card but instead my dad put in a radeon 9200 256mb card because the guy told him that card would run those games no problem, but if its not gunna work half descent ill be getting a radeon 9800pro 256mb card. Im also changing it to AMD soon anyway

Don't buy the Radeon 9800 PRO (256 Mb).

It has been proven that the Radeon 9800 PRO (128 Mb) performs better.

painkiller shouldn't be a problem running higher than low. Maybe not REAL high, but dont see any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom