• Nice build! way to go!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good enough for now.

• Its alright i guess.

• Could use some work.

• It absolutely sucks just go jump of a cliff and stop attempting the build a computer.

• Other. (if you chose other please post why)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so far.
CPU - Still a winner
Mobo - Good
RAM - Good
Hard Drive - Do NOT get a caviar green as a primary HDD, it's read/write times are all over the place. It's very unreliable for consistent performance. Those are best left as storage drives, due to the energy savings, and the fact that it switches off when not in use.
(Go with a Samsung Spinpoint F3 500Gb for best primary HDD performance at $55)
ewiz and amazon both have it at $55 with free shipping.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name...8c3519811a17e866411f52d1b060a3aabd43dfbbfdb2b
DVD Burner - Snag this Sony Optiarc instead for the same price, so you can get Light Scribe :D
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
It has faster read/write times than the LITE-ON AND it has Light Scribe (Light Scribe is awesome)
PSU - Great
Case- Great
Video Card - Are you thinking about any in particular?
Monitor - I would never buy refurb monitors (dead pixels are a major worry with refurbs), LG is a good brand though. AOC has some nice budget 22" 1920x1080 monitors that you can buy for the same price BRAND NEW.
AOC 2236Vw Widescreen LCD Monitor - 2236VW - Buy.com

is light scribe even important? what does it do exactly?

and know i dont know what kind of card i wanna get just yet

LightScribe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Light Scribe allows you to create your own disc labels using the laser in your DVD Burner.
You just have to buy light scribe compatible discs (which are very cheap btw)
And then you can make your own disc labels! :D
So if you burn a cd with some songs you like or something or burn a 'backup' of a game on a disc (Not that I am implying anything like pirating) You may then take the disc out after it's done burning, turn it upside down, pop it back in, and use your DVD burner to burn a label onto the top of the disc! :D
It's really sweet!
Like a printer, but for disc labels! :D

well thats cool i guess but isnt that kinda superfluous?

and what is the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?

Everything looks good to me except I've got to knock that HDD.
Seagate's DOA rates are kinda high bro.

If it works, it works, you paid $60 for 750Gb, if it's DOA you got what you paid for.
You do the math.
I would advise going for a SpinPoint F3 or Caviar Black over the Seagate 7200.12
(Read the reviews, + Seagate's had a shaky reputation ever since the 7200.11 series flopped and nearly had a recall)

Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

Also, that PSU will do the same for you as the Antec Neo + it has a promo code for 10% off until 2/14 so if you order before then you should get that PSU instead, to save some money.

That's all I have to add for now, your build looks pretty good to me.

Cant afford either the spinpoint f3 or the caviar black but the caviar blue looks good and has some amazing reviews (almost 1800 with 79% 5 egging it)

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

for $10 more its a trusted brand and a 140GB improvement

oh and i like antec i have heard great reviews and i dont really trust MIRs especially with OCZ so i dont wanna get screwed on that. also because it seems to me that MIRs are kinda shady and only used when a inferior product wants to be made to look good. but thats just me.

I just ordered all my parts except the processor (getting locally at microcenter). wish me luck that everything comes fast and i dont have any DOA parts.

Thanks for the help all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom