Graphics Performance List

Whatever program you're using to get those stats must not support the latest drivers. Or, those are the settings which the 4870 uses when it's in 2D mode.

Yeah, I was really wondering because the 4870 1Gb usually squashes the GTX 260 216 in most benchmarks, but if you average it with the 4870 512Mb, then yeah... I can see why it's one spot behind it.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1773603 said:
Yeah, I was really wondering because the 4870 1Gb usually squashes the GTX 260 216 in most benchmarks, but if you average it with the 4870 512Mb, then yeah... I can see why it's one spot behind it.

Its very close with one beating the other in different games. Doesnt really matter, as long as we are generally accurate...

well one, its not squashed, its barrely even a tie, as they both are better then the other at some things...like zed said. But also, the 1gb version only shows a fair increase when your gaming at higher res's....

Well I would like to point out that.
4870 1Gb's can be found in the $140-170 range
GTX 260 216's
$180-220+ Range

I vote for a price/performance Graphics Card List.
If no one opts to create one, I'd do it.
Though there would have to be either a single benchmark to base it on, or a physical calculation. Perhaps how many flops the card can do?
(Of course, in doing that workstation cards would probably need to be omitted.)

orihS Shiro said:
I vote for a price/performance Graphics Card List.
If no one opts to create one, I'd do it.
Go for it. There is a definite need for one. Get with Baez for his sources for the scores and take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom