PSU For My Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbungle

Beta member
This is my first attempt to build a computer and I just need a little guidance. Heres the specs.......

Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 mobo
Apevia X-Qpack 2 Cube Case
8gb DDR3 1600 Dual Channel Memory
Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition CPU
Sapphire Vapor X Radeon HD 5770
Seagate Barracuda 750gb SATA Drive

After that im just gonna get a cheap burner and card reader. I dont think the 500W PSU in the case will be enough but my mobo takes ATX 24 pin or
ATX 12V 2x4. Does it matter which type of psu I use and should 750W be enough headroom. Thanks for any feedback.

Your PC should run with a minimun of a 450 watt power supply and if you plan on possibly adding another 5770 then a 650 watt power supply is the minimun. These wattage numbers are really just a general number to be considered because not every 450 watt power supply is the same. Most of the better Brand Name Manufacturers will exceed specifications when rating their products while most of the Generic/Cheap Manufacturers will manipulate their actual numbers to barely meet a rating the product does not deserve.

This would be an Excellent Upgrade for your PC with a single ATI 5770.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

This will work with (2) cards.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

If you just want more power then this has more than enough
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom