Need a cheap HSF for CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey guys

My stock HSF for my E5300 PC has gone the way of the dinosaurs, and I dont have a lot of money to spend on a new fan at the moment, but I need it replaced at latest by next week.

Do you know any good CPU coolers that will keep this little beastie nice and cool, but wont set me back more than £15? [so about £20 max including delivery, not too flexible i'm afraid]

UK sites please :)

just bought it :D

How much overclocking wil it handle, roughly? the stock HSF was unusable, but the HSF from my old pentium D [the one which died on me] could keep things frosty at about 3.3GHz [stock volts]

also - is it better or worse than an OCZ vendetta? thats the one cooling my PC, and if this is faster, then I may do some double swapping ;)

The ACF7Pro will surely handle more than the stock HSF. You might be able to squeeze a couple extra 100MHz, and if not, it will keep the E5300 even more frosty.

From what I have read, the Vendetta is very similar to the ACF7Pro, only that the Vendetta's heatpipes make direct contact with the CPU. I also read that the Vendetta is slightly more better at cooling when it's fan is running at full speed, but it's much noisier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom