Building my first Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose23

Beta member
I have decided to build my very first gaming computer, but I need some help in choosing the right parts, that work well together

Here are my current system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz
1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 - Graphics Chip ( Approx 16.MB Total Memory)

I didn't build this computer or have anything to do with it. My dad bought it, so I don't know what motherboard was used.

Here are the stuff that I was planning on getting, I haven't fully decided on all of the stuff, thats why there are two different products for the same thing.

CPU
AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition, 2x 2.70GHz, tray – 50.00 euros
AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition, 2x 2.80GHz, tray – 53.00 euros

RAM
Corsair ValueSelect DIMM 2GB PC2-6400U CL5 (DDR2-800) – 42.00 euros
Buffalo DIMM 2GB PC2-6400U CL5-5-5-15 – 30.00 euros
Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 2GB PC2-3200U CL3 – 38.00 euros
Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 2GB PC2-4200U CL4 - 38.00 euros

Graphics Card
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Sapphire-Design, 1024MB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI, PCIe 2.0 – 65.00 euros

Motherboard
ASUS M3N78-VM, GeForce 8200 (dual PC2-8500U DDR2) (90-MIB5B0-G0EAY00Z) - 61.00 euros

Case
Midi ENERMAX Staray - 50.00 euros
Miditower XIGMATEK Asgard - 35.00 euros
Miditower COOLER MASTER Elite 330, Window, Special Edition (the one with the blue window) - 42.00 euros

Keeping in mind that I live in Vienna, Austria, don't have access to online shopping, and want to keep the price for those items under 300euros what modifications can I make to those choices, to get the best gaming computer possible.

I haven't thought about any other parts needed like
Soundcards
Drivers
Power Supply & Cooling
Screen/Gaming Mouse
So if you have any cheap good suggestions for those, i'm listening.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

For the main parts (CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, Case, Motherboard) im keeping it under 300, optimally under 250. I can't use online because my dad wont let me use his credit card. So im looking for advice as to whether this setup is good or if there are better parts for cheaper.

I haven't thought about any other parts needed like
Soundcards
Drivers
Power Supply & Cooling
Screen/Gaming Mouse
So if you have any cheap good suggestions for those, i'm listening.

- soundcard is not necessary; the mobo will come with onboard sound.

- you dont buy drivers, they will come on a disc with the said part and can also be downloaded from the part maker's website.

- for a psu, refer to TF's psu guide http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-221778/#post1746801 to avoid getting a cheapo crap psu.

- cooling for the cpu; the cpu will come with a stock heatsink. if you want to OC, its recommended to buy an aftermarket heatsink later on.
cooling for your hardware; if the case doesnt come with any fans, you should atleast buy 1 for the front (intake) and 1 for the rear (exhaust).

- monitor and keyboard/mouse; really anything will work for these. we cant give you any specific suggestions because we dont know what is available to you.

Ok, so heres what i'm planning on getting now:
CPU

AMD Athlon II X3 425, 3 x 2.70GHz

RAM

Corsair ValueSelect DIMM 2GB PC2-6400U

Graphics Card

Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Sapphire-Design, 1024MB DDR3

Motherboard

ASUS M3N78-VM, GeForce 8200

Case

Miditower XIGMATEK Asgard

Are there any modifications I can make, that will keep the same performance for a cheaper price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom