Looking for some bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, that's when it re-booted, and i didn't think it was sapposed to ask me to press any key either, i gave up on that idea, and now the computer won't boot if that hard drive is plugged in in addition to my main one

**EDIT**
I'm starting to get a bit aggrivated now, i don't understand why so many things are going wrong, i just got this message behind all of my open windows, when i didn't apply any changes:

image001-1.jpg

So you're trying to install XP on a secondary hard drive while your Windows 7 hard drive is still plugged in? If so, you need unplug the W7 drive and have the drive installing XP by itself.

No, i didn't try to do that, I quit trying, then with the computer turned off i plugged both drives back in and the computer wouldn't boot. Then i only plugged in the W7 drive and it booted, then i shut down, plugged both in and it's back to it's old self again

**EDIT**
Now i am going to try this:

1. put 1204.BIN bios file on a freshly formatted hard drive

2. shut down

3. plug in only that hard drive

4. boot and press delete and use the ez flash tool to update bios

Ah I see. I'm sorry if we haven't been able to answer your questions. If you're willing to still try, we'd still be willing to help.

We were all there once. A simple issue turning into a big complicated mess.

**Could you please try to refrain from double posting? There's a reason for that edit button on the bottom right of your posts. If you have something to add, just edit your previous.**

ok, i'll do that. Here are my results from the previous plan:

DSCN6060.jpg

DSCN6061.jpg

DSCN6062.jpg

DSCN6063.jpg

still not working :wtf:

Edit: I'm going to bed now, it's 1:01AM here, and i'm real tired, and i'll be harder to frustrate in the morning.

And thank you guys for all of your help, this is a great forum and i'm very glad i've found it and thanks for all of the quick replies and thank you all for putting up with my 16 year old adolescent attitude which i'm sure some of you may have noticed.

listen man.. go to to control panel like joelm said.. and then to power options.. look for the sleep mode option ( set it for like 2 minutes and wait to see if it actually works or not. other wise just into bios and see if is enabled. ) upgrading the bios will probably fix it also.. but not so sure about that..

<-----------------------------IF i was of help to you please rank me ;)

listen man.. go to to control panel like joelm said.. and then to power options.. look for the sleep mode option ( set it for like 2 minutes and wait to see if it actually works or not. other wise just into bios and see if is enabled. ) upgrading the bios will probably fix it also.. but not so sure about that..

<-----------------------------IF i was of help to you please rank me ;)

I've already established that it doesn't sleep, and I can't make changes to the current running bios, or I don't know how, I'm actually not sure which :wtf:

Tommorow I think I will try writing the BIN file to a CD and flashing bios that way. It probobly won't work

edit: and what I mean by doesn't sleep is that instead of sleeping, it does a weird reboot (it happens too quickly, and the fans are loud for too long) and then it goes to the welcome/login screen, and everything that was opened before is still open.

Ah I see. I'm sorry if we haven't been able to answer your questions. If you're willing to still try, we'd still be willing to help.

We were all there once. A simple issue turning into a big complicated mess.

**Could you please try to refrain from double posting? There's a reason for that edit button on the bottom right of your posts. If you have something to add, just edit your previous.**
As ^ said, sorry cannot help or might not solve it but as long as you're willing to try, we'd back you up :). Best forum ever, best community ever and we're glad to have you part of it ;).

it worked it worked it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

writing it to a CD worked!!!! although i'm not sure, it looked like it found the file in C: but idc, it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was quick too

it reset my windows theme though, and lets see if it sleeps now!

DSCN6067.jpg

DSCN6068.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!

It's good that you learned to do it your own way through trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom