vid card driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowadudeguy

Baseband Member
hello, so i just put togther a computer and it has a radeon hd 5770, the display is fine until i install the cd and when it reboots the screen looks like a tye dye shirt heh, never seen any kind of problem like this can anyone help?

It is mostly advisable to download the latest drivers from ATI's website, rather than from the CD. The CD is almost always outdated compared to the website.

oh i should of said, i also went to the website and it did the same thing :(

*EDIT*
anybody wanna help? should i just get a new card or?

Did you un-install the 1st driver (from the cd) before you installed the 2nd driver (from the website).

The card may look like it's plugged into the mobo properly, but it could be making a bad connection. Remove the card, check for any possible obstructions in the slot (dust, etc...). Re-install the card, make sure the power connectors are plugged in good. When you power up the PC again check the gpu fan for proper operation.

What make and wattage is your power supply?

Sorry about the delay.

Can you describe this "tie dye" effect on your display? Or perhaps provide a picture?

So what is it showing now assuming that you're on the same computer?

Could you try another graphic card or another monitor to see if there is a problem with either of them?

thank you guys for the time you have put in replying, ok first off my power supply is a OCZ stealth stream 600watts, i will try taking it out and making sure its in right then ill repost. Also the monitor works with the card fine until i install the drivers, then when i reboot and it boots up the screen has bright pink and other colors in a bunch of swirls. Im not sure if i unstalled the cd drivers before i installed the website drivers, all i could do to be able to see again was boot into safe mode and hit the restore point . do i still need to manualy uninstall them>? Yes i do have an extra vid card and monitor to test on it, i have 2 whole computers here.

When you uninstall drivers you have to completely clean them out before you install another one, because anything left over from the previous install will conflict with the other.

To uninstall graphic drivers completely, first download a program called driver sweeper. This will clean out the remains of the graphic driver after uninstalling it. Here's the link:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

Install that but don't use it yet. First you have to uninstall the ATI Display drivers from add/remove programs.

After that reboot into safe mode, and then use driver sweeper. Just select ATI display, analyse, and then clean. Then it will ask you to reboot.

Reboot and install the latest drivers.

If that doesn't work, you should test the extra graphic cards and monitors that you do have.

ok so i go into prgrams and it doesn't even have the ATI drivers listed so doing the restore point must of uninstalled them?

Possibly. OK so install driver sweeper, reboot into safe mode, and clean out the left overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom