Reccomendations for Mobo, Asus P6T Deluxe or Evga E758 x58

Status
Not open for further replies.

insaniak

Solid State Member
I am wanting to OC to at least 4.0 on air cooling.

Currently

I plan on getting 6 Gb of OCZ Gold DDR3 RAM
Intel i7-920 Bloomfield
Radeon HD5870
RAID-0 Raptors

I think that is pretty decent, but my main concern is the mobo either Asus P6T or Evga E758 x58

Been looking around reading reviews and such and it is really hard to tell I have an Asus P5QL Pro now, OC my Core 2 Duo to 3.8 fairly easy, but I would like to get ideas from you guys here on what I should do. Also for this set up what do you think a good Power Supply would be?

I apprecaite it!

Either board will do you just fine. I run the Asus and many members here have the evga. Right now on newegg the evga is cheaper so I would go that route.

power supply either the corsair 750tx or 850tx or a modular one if you want that.

Drop the raptors unless you already have them for a ssd or a wd black.

Either board will do you just fine. I run the Asus and many members here have the evga. Right now on newegg the evga is cheaper so I would go that route.

power supply either the corsair 750tx or 850tx or a modular one if you want that.

Drop the raptors unless you already have them for a ssd or a wd black.

Alright thanks well would SSD be faster than RAID-0 Rapters? As for PSU I was actually thinking of
Newegg.com - Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-D-B 750W Continuous @40°C ,80 PLUS Certified, ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready CrossFire Ready, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply - Power Supplies

Ahh alright thanks, I was just now looking at SSD and they get pretty pricy do you think it would be a better idea to get cheaper hard drive until I can afford the SSD or? I wouldnt have a problem getting SSD, but I download alot so I need more space and 256GB is like 700$Maybe if there is a way I could buy maybe 50GB SSD and use that for games and dreamweaver/photoshop and then have my other hard drive where I download everything else would that work or? I could just get a simple WD 7200 RPM HD for rather cheap, im not sure if having that would effect my performance on my SSD for games though.

That is exactly what you would do. Have the ssd for OS and certain programs and have something like a wd green 1tb for data.

If I were you, I would save myself $60 or so, and just get the Asus P6T (Not the Deluxe)
The differences between them aren't significant enough to garner the $60 price tag unless you're tri-SLIing or doing tri-Crossfire.

Deluxe: 2 less Sata ports, extra ethernet port, 3 PCI-E X16 2.0 Lanes at x16,x16,x8, 8 USB 2.0 ports, uses ADI for Audio and Marvell for Len/Ethernet

Regular P6T: 2 more Sata ports, one ethernet port, 3 PCI-E X16 2.0 Lanes at x16, x16, x4, 6 USB 2.0 ports, uses Realtek for Audio and LAN/Ethernet

I was kind of surprised myself that the Deluxe had less Sata ports, but I guess it makes up for that with those two extra good ol' USB ports. -eyeroll-

Unless you're doing Tri-Sli/Tri-Crossfire, need the extra ethernet port, or have 8 Sata HDD's, you're better off saving yourself the money and buying the standard Asus P6T

I actually planed on getting this
Newegg.com - EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

but Im not sure since it is evga and I have a ATI card imnot sue if that reallymakes a difference

Also I was thinking of Running Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100281VX-2SR Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
X2 in Crossfire, but im not sure if I should get the asus or evga for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom