Going SLI worried about heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
So I just ordered another EVGA gtx260 and i am going SLI. I plan to oc' the cards along with my CPU when I get my mother board problems figured out. I don't think with the all the oc'ing my cards stock heat sinks are going to do the job. What aftermarket hs would you guys recommend for a decent price?

EDIT: Just found the Thermalright HR-03 GTX. Can anyone vouch for it or is there a better option?

You don't really need aftermarket cooling... wait until you actually have the cards running in sli and see what your temps are. then if you dont like them buy a new cooler. or just up the fan speed...

I've heard those Thermalrights won't work in SLI...that they are too big once you get a fan on 'em. Honestly, I think you'd be fine with stock coolers if you don't get too crazy. If you go aftermarket, go liquid :p

You may want to wait and try them.....you may be surprised as I have just went to GTX 260 in sli and just by turning the fan speed up to 70% the highest the cards got was 73c on Crysis

Other games it is cooler than that.....I ordered a 120MM case fan to put on the side of my case to blow cool air on the cards.....this will do fine I am sure.

You may want to try them out before you spend $100 on new heatsinks.

When I was running my gpu fans at 40% the cards got to about 78c at times in Crysis.... turning the fans up to 70% from 40% dropped the gpu temp 5degrees for me.

I have 2 260s, and fold 24/7 on them, and they vstay under 70C with the fan set at 55%.

I have the airflow clear as can be straight to the cards, and its all good.

I wouldn't get new cooling till you have the heat issue.

My SLI works without a bridge but you will lose some performance.

Do a Google search for Nvidia SLI Bridge Connector and you'll find a bunch for sale. I saw them for as little as a $1 on ebay.

I have a whole bunch from when I bought my first 260. I just herd with the new drivers and x58 boards the hardware is on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom