BSOD & very weird problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdegroot

Beta member
I have an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop that runs Vista Ultimate and I've never had any problems with it before this.

Here are some of the events I think are related to the problems I have now:

-A few months ago I got a BSOD, but restarted it and everything was fine.

-Then, maybe 2 weeks later, I started it up and all of a sudden my entire PC appeared to have gone through a full system restore, complete with welcome messages from Acer and the entire C drive back to factory settings. But then after I restarted it, everything was back to 'normal' again, as though the entire system restore hadn't even taken place.

-Now in the last couple of days I'm getting an increased amount of BSOD. I had about 3 yesterday and 2 today. They happen at various moments, and they don't seem to be connected to any specific action (video, internet etc.)
The error code is: STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Also, what's very strange is that whenever I had one of these BSOD's and it would restart, my display settings were changed to 16-BIT instead of the usual 32-BIT. And whenever I watch movies on my computer both the movie and the subtitle files appear kind of blurred, or very 'pixelized'. I don't have this problem when I watch videos on YouTube.

I tried several things to fix it including diagnostic tools by Windows but they indicate no errors. I don't have a virus/worm etc. either. It's not overheating since it doesn't feel hot, and just in case I always have an external fan on it.

At wits end, I tried to do a full system restore this morning, but when I clicked on it an error box popped up. I can't remember the exact error, but it only happened when I tried to do a full system restore. When I clicked on the options of restoring the laptop to a previous point I could click on it (although there were only 3 restore points left). I didn't try restoring it to a previous point since the 3 points available were all of the last 4 days or so and I already had these problems then + restoring it to a previous point has never worked with my laptop for some reason.

I haven't installed any new hardware/software in the last few months, nor have I updated any drivers (they're all up to date) so no need to roll back to a previous version there.

Is there anyone who can help me? I seriously don't know what to do here...

Thanks in advance!

Mmm...never thought of the mouse before...

I do have a Logitech Mouse Wheel, but I've been using that one since day 1 and it never gave me any problems before. The drivers for it are also up to date.

Last December I purchased a regular Logitech wireless mouse, but I stopped using that one after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom