Need to know about these two peices of hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzaman

Beta member
Hey all, I'll get to the point... *ahem*

I need to know if the below router can connect to the below modem without any complications. I'm buying the modem and the router and need to know if I can plug the router into the modem so I can use the direct connection from the modem, and the rest of my family can use wireless. Any ideas?

Router: Belkin N+
Modem: Motorola SB5101 SURFboard Cable Modem

Tahnks guys! :D

I can confirm, it will work.
Actually cable modem will work with any router with normal WAN port which is actually the same as LAN just has different confiuration but from HW point of view it is the same.
Difference is comming if DSL is used ... then it needs DSL modem integrated in WAN part.
Just to give you little overview.

Your saying you want to use a hard line straight from your modem, but you want your family to use a wireless router connected to the modem as well? Like using a modem with 2 ports?

Unless your ISP has issued you more then one IP, this can't be done.

Your saying you want to use a hard line straight from your modem, but you want your family to use a wireless router connected to the modem as well? Like using a modem with 2 ports?

Unless your ISP has issued you more then one IP, this can't be done.
I think he meant:

Router -> Modem

Router = Direct line (for him) and Wireless (for family).

Ohhhh Gotcha. My bad.

Yup, that'll work.

All a modem does is modulate a signal. No IP on the interfaces or anything. It might have a management IP or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom