Help with fan controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

surion

Baseband Member
Ok this is a modding job that i am doing but always had a problem with... Well i have 3 tornado fans in my computer... LOUD AS HELL when they are on but i have them offf due to sound and i need sleep...
I saw somewhere on the net a long time ago that you can take the 4 pin plug fan and are able to control the speed cuz i want to slow these fans down to make them quiter... So if anyone could help me that would be awsome...

Before I put my Hardcano 12 in my beast, i wired up all my fans to one of switch that i had on my case. So when i want to sleep, I just hit the switch, and all 4 case fans where off.

All it took was some wiring/soldering up and a minor case mod to put the switch in.

You should invest in a fan controller, I use an aerogate 2, although the aerogate 3's are sick looking.. you can control four fans via a 3-pin connection (you'll have to buy the 4 to 3 connectors) and it has 4 temp guadges on there also.

...or you can just connect them fan wires in different order to power connector to make em run slower. you can choose between 3.3, 5, 7, (and maybe 9, never tried) and 12 volts. im running my 120mm front intake fan and rear 80mm blower @7V. and my hd fan at 3,3V. all quiet and still effective. I also made a switch for those two case fans, it has 3 positions: off, 7V and 12V...but that 12V makes it sound like an aeroplane

or i think u might beable to just do what harper did but use a potentiometer or reostat(hell if i spelled those right) like those dimming light switches to controle fan speed.

Do you know where i can buy those 4 to 3 pin power converters

svc.com I had to buy a lot of 3pin extensions, 3 to 4 pin convertors, 4 to 3 pin convertors lol and just about anything else you could think of. I have the Sunbeam Rheobus Fan Controller and it works awesome. It takes 20watts per channel. I have 3 80mm's on 1 channel, 2 stacked 80mm's on the 2nd channel, my top 120mm fan and 80mm fan on the 3rd channel, and my CPU Fan (80mm Tornado) on the 4th channel. Controls it all wonderfully and the LED changes from Blue to RED when it hits 7v...about the halfway point. These can also turn COMPLETELY off though and has a nice click at the end to signify that it's off. No temp gauges though :D But overall a nice fan controller nonetheless. Think svc has it for like $18-$20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom