Looking for some bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what i downloaded, i tried to go into the bios by pressing del when the computer was starting up, but I couldn't change anything, it just said disk A: and C: but i couldn't see anything inside of either of them, and i've tried changing the setup in control panel, i've had it set to sleep after 20 minutes, but all that it does is restart and go to the welcome screen and do nothing, so now it's set to never sleep. - are you referring to different settings in the control panel?
That's the settings I referred to. Umm in the BIOS where you found the boot order, did it have any other option that allows you to boot from other devices?

Also have you checked this document?
http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments_content.aspx?no=714&SLanguage=en-us

It stated for up to Windows XP or 2003, but it may be able to work on 7 (if ran in compatibility/XP mode) and it's supported by your motherboard.

Thank you, I downloaded this tool:

ASUS Update V7.09.02 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003 and Windows 64bit XP/2003

but then got this error message:

image0011.jpg

yea, it said it was USB compatible or something, so i plugged in a USB drive with a bios file in it (it was a .BIN file) and it didn't recognize it, i couldn't see anything except C: and A: and there were no contents i could see in C or A, and i gave it time to load

yea, it said it was USB compatible or something, so i plugged in a USB drive with a bios file in it (it was a .BIN file) and it didn't recognize it, i couldn't see anything except C: and A: and there were no contents i could see in C or A, and i gave it time to load
I'm researching and it mentions that you may have to format your USB drive though. I'm still reading, if I come up with some results I'll keep you posted.

Ok, thank you very much
Found ways to format your USB into a bootable device but I don't really trust that much lol.
Here's another guide I found, hope this helps ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- EZ Flash 2 - the safest way to update BIOS.

The PC must never be overclocked during the BIOS update! Always load and save BIOS defaults before and after a BIOS update (press <F5>). By loading and saving BIOS defaults before the update, CPU frequency, memory frequency and voltages are set to default (Auto).
Memory timings are set to SPD values which ensure that a PC with high performance memory that need a higher voltage than 1.8V for DDR2 or 1.5V for DDR3 is able to boot on the standard Memory Voltage. Save the default settings (press <F10>) before starting the update.

When these instructions are carefully followed, there will be no need for a CLRTC.

Preparation:

1. Document all your preferred BIOS settings (i.e. the settings you have changed from the default setting).
2. Download the BIOS file, which normally is compressed (zipped).
3. Unzip the BIOS file to a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB Flash Disk with only one partition (or to a Floppy Disk or a CD-ROM). If the unzipped BIOS file is named like e.g. 'P5B-ASUS-Deluxe-1101.ROM', you can rename it to 'P5BD1101.ROM'. Otherwise a truncated name will appear as 'P5B-AS~1.ROM' due to a limitation to max 8 characters in the filename (8.3).

Update:

1. Reboot.
2. Press (tap) <DEL> during POST (Power-On Self Test) to enter BIOS Setup.
3. Load BIOS Defaults (press <F5>).
4. Insert the USB Flash Disk containing the BIOS file P5BDxxxx.ROM. (Note that the USB Flash Disk has to be inserted before boot to enter BIOS, otherwise it won't be detected).
5. Save and Exit <F10>. (BIOS will now restart).
6. During BIOS restart, press <DEL> to enter BIOS Setup again.
7. Under Tools menu, select ASUS EZ Flash 2. It may take 20 seconds for the drives to show up. Select a drive in the left pane <Tab>. Use <Up> and <Down> arrows and <Enter> to select a drive. If you don't see the BIOS file in the right pane, check the other drives. Note that the drive letters may not be the same here as in Windows.
8. Select the BIOS file (e.g. P5BD1101.ROM) and press <Enter> to start flashing. Supervise the update, which includes the following stages: Erasing - Flashing (writing) - Verification. BIOS will automatically restart when the update is ready.
9. Disconnect the USB Flash Disk before/during the restart.
10. Perform a C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall) which resets the chipset. Power down, remove power cord from the PSU for 2 minutes and then power up.
11. Enter BIOS and load BIOS Defaults <F5> again.
12. Reenter your preferred BIOS settings - if you are using AHCI or RAID mode, don't forget to set 'Configure SATA as' to [AHCI / RAID]. Also remember the settings for the JMicron Controller, Audio and Memory Voltage. Check also that the Boot Device Priority is ok.
13. Save and Exit <F10> (automatic restart).
14. Press <DEL> to enter BIOS Setup and make a final check that all BIOS settings are ok. Save any changes.

This is the safest way I could find, also related to the Asus brand. Bear in mind, do at your own risk. You could wait for more suggestions if you like.

Ok, i have printed out those instructions, and I'm going to try it, and lets hope i don't screw up, and I'll let you know what happens next, and thank you very much for all of your help, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom