Dell OmniBook XE3 F2340KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he means the default drivers that come with Ubuntu

^^This. Ubuntu has a lot of drivers but if that doesn't work you could try ndis wrapper (after looking for native drivers of course).

It's plugged in but no leds or anything like that is working, I might try and look at the connection settings (you are meaning without any drivers right?).

Does that mean you have tried it?

I had it plugged into the laptop and connected using ethernet but I'm pretty sure it didn't recognize it. I'll look around and see if I can find anything more about my specific model.

Edit: So I'm really dumb. I got the card to work and driver installed using Ndiswrapper. Made sure it was working by plugging it in using ethernet, fine and dandy there. Couldn't figure out why a wireless connection wasn't showing. Took a look at the box, found out it's not a wireless card, just a ethernet adapter... WOW

So now I have a free laptop that's really loud and was designed for Win2000 with a P3 CPU, and a $30 ethernet adapter that I have no use for.

P.S. Chrome needs to add ethernet to it's dictionary, it keeps showing it as a misspelled word.

In the UK, you can send back (almost) anything you buy over the internet or phone for any reason within 7 days. I don't know what the situation is in America but it would be worth giving them a call and explaining your situation. They may be more convinced if you say you will (and actually) buy the right adapter from them.

Yeah, just put it nicely back in the box.

Where are you in Wisconsin? I'm in the south-east corner of Racine. Lake effect snow sucks... We could get up to 14"... X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom