newegg's selection is minimal for new video cards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I wanted to pick up 2 new gtx 260's, but all I see is 2 cards that they currently have in stock, and it's been like this over a week now..

the gigabyte is like 650/2500 which looks like amazing overclock speeds, but I bet it doesn't perform in that manor?

anyways, suggestions on getting 2 new gtx 260's, which models are best, I wanted to stick with newegg but unless someone tells me one of the two cards they have in stock are good, I'll goto ncix or tigerdirect or something.. thanks!

I wanted to pick up 2 new gtx 260's, but all I see is 2 cards that they currently have in stock, and it's been like this over a week now..

the gigabyte is like 650/2500 which looks like amazing overclock speeds, but I bet it doesn't perform in that manor?

anyways, suggestions on getting 2 new gtx 260's, which models are best, I wanted to stick with newegg but unless someone tells me one of the two cards they have in stock are good, I'll goto ncix or tigerdirect or something.. thanks!

blah, now you make me feel bad about not saying anything in your other thread.

the next gen nvidia cards are scheduled to come out next month

so... I am not surprised as to there not many gtx 200s in stock

the new cards are already 6 months late, so I highly doubt they will be delayed further

wait a month and see what happens

ahh good call, thanks for the info guys.. I will wait because I will get lower prices.. or perhaps get like a 285 or something iono.. I'll get back to this topic when the cards are released then. Thanks!

A gtx260 SLI setup is a powerful setup. But it would frustrate me very much if I had a top of the line setup that couldn't max out the settings of the new games approaching like BCBF2 with DX11.
If your going to wait, and you have an Nvidia preference, hold on till the dx11 gpu's from them. Or wait until they release the dx11 GPU's and snag a dx11 ATI card that just had it's price slashed.
It's what I would do, some would argue that DX11 won't be mainstream for a while just like dx10 faltered but I disagree.

hmm valid point.. i was thinking of waiting sometime to the end of this year or sometime next year, and just build a new rig.. with all this stuff coming out, I should hold off like I did with my current setup and get a nice new rig at a decent price.. although at the same time, if I can get 2 decent gtx 260's brand new for like 300.. that'd be a nice upgrade that would hold me over for another year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom