pc lock-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspinall

Baseband Member
Done a complete re-install for a mates pc and now it locks-up all of a sudden. Anything that I can try to recrify the problem.

AMD 1GHz
256Mb RAM
Gigabyte GA-7DX MB
Geforce 2 MX 400 Video
CD reader and CD writer

Thanks in advance

Originally had Geforce FX5200 128Mb but have changed to 64Mb Geforce 2 MX400 and screen went black for a second every so oftern, rolled back the driver from Nvidai to Microsoft and now pc locks up

Stu

apart from the graphics card, did you make any other hardware changes? also did you make sure you was grounded, i screwed my graphics card once from static.

have updated agp and via chipset drivers and , fingers crossed, seems to be working ok now. Thanks a lot guys.
I remember my last PC was like that with an ATI card, had to update via drivers before reboot after loading ATI drivers. One overwrites the other apparantely !!

Stu

Disco stu doesn't advertise :D Sry I know that doesn't pretain to anything, but it popped in my head :p

BTW: Generally, don't ever use graphic drivers given by microsoft. I went through windows update and it said it had updated drivers from 'nvidia corporation' and it made the display completely fux'd up. I rolled back the drivers to my original nvidia ones and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom