Computer making clicking noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilismiles

Beta member
Hello! I have a Dell Studio 14z and I bought it in august 2009, it's already having problems.

When I'm using the laptop, it makes a clicking/buzzing noises especially when i'm active (i.e watching movies, going on the internet) like a loading noise. But even when I'm idle, it continues to make that noise and I have just started noticing it recently. Also, when i shut my laptop off right before It shuts down, it makes a loud CLICK! and turns off.

I don't know the the problem is or where the problem is coming from... Dell support insists it's the fan, but I think otherwise..

anyone have any suggestions on which part to replace?

Could be the fan, but more likely the hard drive is on it's way out.
Click of death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I recommend you backup your data, in case it dies.
What he said ^. I think I had this problem before, with a Dell PC also. Turned out the be the fan though. Not sure what exactly caused it since I opened the PC and it worked fine...then close it back, it made the noise...then I repeat and it worked fine again :wtf:. Do you have warranty still though? Since it's late last year you bought it?

What he said ^. I think I had this problem before, with a Dell PC also. Turned out the be the fan though. Not sure what exactly caused it since I opened the PC and it worked fine...then close it back, it made the noise...then I repeat and it worked fine again :wtf:. Do you have warranty still though? Since it's late last year you bought it?

Yes, I'm still under warranty. Though i'm in school, I can't get them to come here yet. I will be replacing it in mid-march. Hopefully it's just the fan, not a hard drive malfunction :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom