No operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Capps

Baseband Member
My wife's PC say's that there is no operating system.Now when I go into the bios and and then exit without doing anything in the bios windows will run.Why is it that on boot up it tells me that there is no OS there?I just don't understand why this is happening when all I have to do is go into the bios and exit without doing anything in there and then it boots

Sounds like the hard drive is not being recognized. Try updating the chipset/ATA drivers. There's a possibility that the hard drive could be dying or the connection is a little flaky, but i would try updating the drivers first.

The hard drive is about 3 months old almost brand new.that is my take on it too the hard drive is not being recognized.Is there anyway to get the hard drive to be recognized on boot up?

if you still have the western digital tools cd, try reloading the MBR (master boot record) program to the harddrive. if this works, save all your files to another drive and try reloading the OS. if system still acts funny, get a new drive.
i had one similar to what your describing but i have since made it a storage drive. so i cant say if this is a permanet fix or temporary. but it worked for me.
if you lost the cd you might be able to download from the western digital website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom