"enter setup to recover bios settings" asus p5ql mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
i woke up this morning and my desktop was trying top shut down(i leave the comp on all night) and it wasn't shutting down so i hit the restart button and instead of booting up normally, a screen came up saying "please enter setup to recover bios settings". one option was to press f1 and "recover" the bios settings, which i have no idea which settings i am supposed to change. the other option was to continue with the default settings which i don't really want to do.

i installed a 1394 pci card the other day, and this is the first time the comp has been rebooted since the install.

any ideas?

I would go along with the default settings and see if your PC loads up normal. Apart from the PCI card you installed, you changed anything at all in your BIOS? If not, then it shouldn't be a problem to use the default settings and most likely Windows would detect your card. It may also ask for drivers if you got it.

Not sure what triggered the problem though.

Did you try taking out your card, and try to boot up?

Otherwise, just reset BIOS, that helps that problem 90% of the time.

i did try taking out the card and rebooting but had the same issue.

then i was fooling around in bios and went into tools, the "asus o.c. profile", and saved the settings to profile 2. profile one said "not installed". after i did that and rebooted i am now getting a totally different message, which says:

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

so i went back into bios and noticed that my boot device order had changed, and the only thing that has happened between last night and this morning was a windows automatic update, which must have caused some sort of change... weird. anyways, changed the boot device back to my hdd with windows on it and everything is good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom