Help with my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joelowbrown

Solid State Member
swap for this psu its cheaper and better.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

You can stay with the msi board as i hear those GD series are great, but have not heard this from actual people on the forums so am still a bit skeptical. maybe this instead
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
everything else is prefect, very nice build well done.

oh my that is an expensive board!! you really think you need that? Also the memory you chose is quite expensive, i would go with the OCZ golds instead. With the money saved maybe you could get a modular PSU.

Even if you make no changes to your rig, that is one mean gaming machine!

modular is not necessary but its nice to have....

that samsung hard drive is really nice, and awesome at that price! Although, it'll perform a bit slower than the caviar black; but still way worth it IMO.

This thermal paste is better: Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

I see that you mentioned something about crossfire. The MSI motherboard can support 16x/16x while the gigabyte one will only do 8x/8x. Not sure if that'll be an issue for you.. but just so that you know...

So if I wanted to crossfire in the future what board would you guys recommend? Also would that psu support crossfired 5870's?

modular is not necessary but its nice to have....

that samsung hard drive is really nice, and awesome at that price! Although, it'll perform a bit slower than the caviar black; but still way worth it IMO.

A Spinpoint F3 being outperformed by a caviar black?
I wouldn't stake my reputation on it.
Last I heard, the Spinpoint F3 beat the Caviar Black 1Tb by 20Mb/s or more on some benches.

Now, I have some questions.
Are you considering Quad Crossfire in the future?
If not, ditch the 790FX and just get a 790X for standard Crossfire.

A 650w Corsair PSU would be overkill for your system, even if you did regular crossfire.
You definitely do not need the 850w unless you're planning Tri-Crossfire or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom